District Gender-Specific Facilities Procedure
Wilson School District is committed to providing a respectful, caring and supportive environment as part of providing exceptional educational opportunities, free from any form of discrimination or harassment, for every student in every school program and building. To that end, the District continually looks to be responsive to the ever-evolving needs of its diverse student population. When and where appropriate, after careful review and analysis, revised or new procedures regarding matters of access and accommodation may be established, consistent with the mission of the District. Recently, one such area – regarding students who identify as transgender – was identified as possibly requiring new access and accommodation procedures. Accordingly, the District administration, in collaboration with the Board, developed procedures specifically relating to the matter of facility accommodation/ access. Please use the links below for specific information regarding these new procedures.
- Gender-Specific Facility Access and Accommodations Procedure For Students
- FAQs Regarding New District Student Facility Access and Accommodations
- January 3, 2018: District Message Regarding New District Student Facility Access and Accommodation Procedures
There are a number of online resources that assist the public to better understand the broader subject of gender identity.
- CDC – LBGT Youth Resources
- Healthy Children.org – Gender Non-Conforming & Transgender Children
- PSBA – Transgender Legal Update
- NSBA – Transgender Students in Schools
Any parent in the Wilson School District can also arrange a meeting with a member of our counseling staff by contacting your school’s principal.