Welcome to the Department of
Teaching and Learning
Teaching & Learning Vision Statement: To ensure that all students are life, career, and college ready.
Teaching & Learning Mission Statement: We are committed to supporting our district with what we teach, how we teach, how we assess, and how we build a community of learners to ensure that every child has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Student-centered learning: We believe that all students learn differently and at their own pace. We will support educators in creating learning environments that are personalized and engaging for all students.
- Rigorous and relevant curriculum: We will ensure that all students have access to a high-quality curriculum that prepares them for college, career, and life. The curriculum will be aligned to state standards and will be culturally responsive to the needs of our students.
- Effective instruction: We will provide educators with the resources and support they need to deliver effective instruction. We will focus on strategies that promote active learning, collaboration, and critical thinking.
- Meaningful assessment: We will use assessment to inform instruction and to measure student progress. Assessment will be fair, reliable, and valid.
- Collaborative learning community: We will create a culture of collaboration and support among educators. We will provide opportunities for educators to share ideas, learn from each other, and grow professionally.
We believe that the Teaching and Learning Department vision will have a positive impact on all students in our school district. Students will be more engaged in their learning, they will be better prepared for life, college and career, and they will be more likely to become lifelong learners.
We will implement this vision by working with educators, parents, and community members. We will also provide resources and support to help educators implement the plan.
Call to Action:
We invite you to join us in our vision for Wilson School District where all students have the opportunity to reach their full potential. Together, we can create a place where students love to learn, staff love to work, and people love to live.
Teaching and Learning Staff
Kristine Eberly (ext. 6947)
Administrative Assistant to the Department of Teaching and Learning
Matthew Campbell, Ed.D. (ext. 5027)
Supervisor of Grades 9-12