Mission: Wilson Education Foundation (WEF) positively impacts students’ lives by supporting the Wilson School District in three areas: Student Experience, Teaching Excellence, and Community Engagement. Our purpose is to provide our students with a differentiated education over and above what could be paid for with our tax base alone.
Wilson Education Foundation Highlights:
Wilson Education Foundation raises non-tax dollars to support Wilson excellence. Funds raised through the Foundation support the needs of teachers and students through various initiatives.
- 2018 Wilson West Observation Deck – Pond Project
- WEF approved a grant request for $14,092.15 to complete the project
- Observation Deck can be used by all students and is ADA compliant
- The Observation Deck can be used by everyone in the District and broader community
- Deck space can be used in collaboration with the 5 educational stations at the pond
- 2017 Google Expedition Kits
- WEF approved a $10,000 grant to purchase a Google Expedition Virtual Reality Kit
- Kit includes 30 student devices, 3 chargers, 1 teacher device, 1 router, and case
- District Technology Department offered to match the grant by purchasing an additional kit
- 2016 Wilson H.S. I-STEM (Integrated Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Lab
- A new innovative space was created at the Wilson H.S. Lower House to expand instructional possibilities and facilitate program growth.
- WEF assisted with community outreach to raise $15,000 to support the project.
- 2015 Offered Academic Summer Camps
- WEF hosted an array of academic-focused camps for Wilson students; camps employed Wilson teachers.
- 2013 Facility Upgrade Campaign
- Assisted the Wilson School District in the implementation of enhancements to John Gurski Stadium and George Mack Field (completed August 2013), and upgrades to the Roy G. Snyder Natatorium (completed in June 2014).
- 2014-15 Academic Technology Initiative
- Supported student access to technology by contributing $40,000 to WSD’s 1:1 initiative
- This was a goal of the school district that WEF worked in tandem to support
- Bulldog Summer Blast program
- Collaborate with the District to offer a reading program to prevent the “summer slide”
- Program can be integrated with the Sinking Spring Playground Program
- Around 100 students (entering grade 1 through grade 4) attend each summer
- Live Auction at Iron Chef raises funds for students to attend if they meet scholarship criteria
- Annual Venture Grants
- Supported by internal faculty/staff giving campaign
- Given bi-annually (spring & fall)
- Provides scholarships for graduating seniors
- Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program
- WEF is an approved Educational Improvement Organization
- EITC program offers substantial tax credits to eligible businesses that make financial contributions to approved organizations.
- WEF EITC dollars support Wilson H.S. I-STEM Academy
Learn more by reading our Community Reports:
Wilson Education Foundation Board Members:
|President||Brett Gibble||Bank of America|
|Vice President||Marisa Hunsicker||White Star Travel|
|VP/Treasurer||Matt Frasso||Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP|
|Secretary||Andrea Funk||Cambridge-Lee Industries|
General Board Members
- Ellen Adams, Green Valley Parent
- Bryan Cole, NAI Keystone
- Jennifer Crocona, Cornwall Terrace/ Southern Parent
- Matt Derr, Whitfield Teacher
- Lora Fiore, Cornwall Terrace Parent
- Marissa Hunsicker, Spring Ridge Parent
- Ernie Magalotti, Legacy Logistics
- Kristin McGlinn, Green Valley Parent
- Caryn Moreland, Shiloh Hills Teacher
- Janie Redner, Spring Ridge Parent
- Rudy Ruth, Wilson School District Superintendent, Retired
- Charlie Trovato, Berks County Intermediate Unit
- Brett Wartluft, Wells Fargo Advisers
- Christy Weeber, East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Amy Wolf, Green Valley & High School Parent
- John Miravich, Fox Rothschild
- Ed Case, Wilson School Board Representative
- Chris Trickett, Wilson High School Principal
- Richard Faidley, Wilson School District Superintendent of Schools
- Molly Maack, Wilson Education Foundation Executive Director
- Darcie Willingmyre, Wilson Education Foundation Administrative Coordinator