Please Note: Applications not submitted by 8/16 with all required documentation cannot be guaranteed an 8/23 start date.
**All Kindergarten Registration steps will be completed online using the instructions below. Please feel free to call with any questions!**
Kindergarten Registration 2023-24
A child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if s/he has attained the age of five (5) years on or before September 1, 2023.
Online Registration Portal is now LIVE!
If you are a Spanish-speaking parent or guardian, you can use the following tutorial videos for help on completing the Online Registration process:
STEP 1: Gather all REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (Scroll down to see the complete list)
STEP 2 (New Families to WSD): Navigate to the following link to create your Temporary Registration Username/Password*
*This step is only required for new families to Wilson SD!
STEP 3 (New Families to WSD): Log into the Skyward New Student Registration Portal using the temporary Username/Password that you receive by email.
STEP 3 (Families with current WSD Students): Log into Skyward Family Access and Click on the link in the left column for “New Student Enrollment.”
STEP 4: Complete and SUBMIT the online registration application. At this time, you can upload scanned copies of the required documentation (i.e. Birth Certificate, Proof of Residency (2), Photo ID, Vaccination Record, etc.) Scroll down for the complete list.
STEP 5: Once your online application has been completed we’ll review the application, verify your required documents, and contact you by phone or email with questions about any outstanding information.
At the time of your registration appointment, you will need to scan and upload the following documents on our secure portal:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Three Proofs of Residency
One (1) Document from List A: Mortgage, Property Tax Bill, Deed, Current Lease, or Agreement of Sale.
Two (2) Documents from List B: A current utility bill (not the envelope), post office street address change form, current pay stub, current HOA agreement, current medical bill, current insurance statement, and/or a receipt showing the new address.
- Child Custody Information – If applicable
- Guardian ID: Valid PA Driver’s License with current address.
- Physical & Dental Examinations – PENNSYLVANIA STATE LAW also requires that all students entering school have a physical and a dental examination. These can be performed by the family physician and dentist and must be completed no later than the first year of school (in this case – Kindergarten). Physical or dental exams completed any time after September 1, 2022, will fulfill this requirement. You are encouraged to bring these forms with you to registration. Please click on the link in RED below to download an exam form.
Dental Exam Form
Physical Exam Form – English
Physical Exam Form – Spanish
Please contact our Child Accounting Specialist, Marcia Guinther at 610-670-0180, Ext. 1127 or by email – firstname.lastname@example.org – if you have any questions concerning registration.
PENNSYLVANIA STATE LAW requires Kindergarten students to have the following basic immunizations for school entrance:
|Diphtheria-Tetanus (DT)||4 doses (one dose must be on or after the 4th birthday)|
|Polio (OPV or IPV)||4 doses (4th dose on or after the 4th birthday & at least 6 months after the previous dose given)|
|Measles, Mumps & Rubella||2 doses|
|Hepatitis B||3 doses|
|Varicella (ChickenPox) Immunity||2 doses of Varicella vaccine or evidence of immunity|
Written proof of immunizations is required when you register your child for kindergarten. Examples of written proof are as follow:
Medical baby book which your doctor has completed at the time of immunizations.
- A written list of immunizations and dates which the doctor’s office has provided on his/her stationery.
- A physical examination form with the dates of immunizations listed.
To ensure immunity – measles, mumps, and rubella must be given after the child’s first birthday. If a child has experienced the disease of measles or German measles, a blood test is required for verification from the attending physician. Mumps disease also needs a physician’s verifying statement.
In order for your child to continue maximum protection or be completely immunized, he/she must have boosters. However, boosters are not required for entrance to kindergarten.
Immunizations can be obtained at the following locations:
- PA Department of Health ~ Call 610-378-4352 or 1-877-724-3258 to schedule an appointment. Located at 625 Cherry St., Reading, PA.
- Patient First Urgent Care ~ Call 484-220-0051 to schedule an appointment. Located at 2600 Paper Mill Rd., Wyomissing, PA.
- Berks Community Health Center ~ Call 610-988-4838 to schedule an appointment. Please click on the following link to choose from one of their 4 locations. Berks Community Health Center
- Tower Health at Home ~ Call 610-378-0481 to schedule an appointment. The 2021 Clinics will be held the second Tuesday and last Thursday of every month. Please choose the Immunization option when you call. Message options of English & Spanish will be given.
If you have any questions about the immunization requirements, please contact the nurse in the building where your child will attend (610) 670-0180…
Cornwall Terrace Elementary School – Nadine Hartranft – ext. 4482
Green Valley Elementary School – Julie Hunter – ext. 2830
Shiloh Hills Elementary School – Cindy Zdradzinski – ext. 1930
Spring Ridge Elementary School – Stacy Pilgert – ext. 1830
Whitfield Elementary School – Robin Lysakowski – ext. 1630