Kindergarten Registration 2020
Online Registration Portal is now LIVE!
STEP 1 (New Families to WSD): Navigate to the following link to create your Temporary Registration Username/Password*
*This step is only required for new families to Wilson SD!
STEP 2 (New Families to WSD): Log into the Skyward New Student Registration Portal using the temporary Username/Password that you receive by email.
STEP 2 (Families with current WSD Students): Log into Skyward Family Access and Click on the link in the left column for “20-21 Kinder Registration.”
STEP 3: Complete and SUBMIT the online registration application. At this time, you can upload scanned copies of the required documentation (i.e. Birth Certificate, Proof of Residency (2), Photo ID, Vaccination Record, etc.) Scroll down for the complete list
STEP 4: Once your online application has been completed, you’ll be prompted to call for a face to face appointment at the building, where we’ll review the application, verify your original documents, and answer any questions you may have.
At the time of your registration appointment you will need to bring the following documents with you:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Three Proofs of Residency
1 Proof: Mortgage, Property Tax Bill, Deed, Current Lease or Agreement of Sale
2 Proofs: A current utility bill, post office street address change form, current pay stub, current HOA agreement, current medical bill, current insurance statement and/or a receipt showing new address.
- Child Custody Information – If applicable
- Guardian ID: Valid PA Driver’s License with current address.
- Physical & Dental Examinations – PENNSYLVANIA STATE LAW also requires that all students entering school have a physical and a dental examination. These can be performed by the family physician and dentist and must be completed no later than the first year of school (in this case – Kindergarten). Physical or dental exams completed any time after September 1, 2020, will fulfill this requirement. You are encouraged to bring these forms with you to registration. Please click on the link in RED below to download an exam form.
Dental Exam Form
Physical Exam Form – English
Physical Exam Form – Spanish
Please contact our Child Accounting Specialist, Marcia Guinther at 610-670-0180, Ext. 1127 if you have any questions concerning registration.
PENNSYLVANIA STATE LAW requires Kindergarten students to have the following basic immunizations for school entrance:
|Diphtheria-Tetanus (DT)||4 doses (one dose must be on or after the 4th birthday)|
|Polio (OPV or IPV)||4 doses (4th dose on or after the 4th birthday & at least 6 months after the previous dose given)|
|Measles, Mumps & Rubella||2 doses|
|Hepatitis B||3 doses|
|Varicella (ChickenPox) Immunity||2 doses of Varicella vaccine or evidence of immunity|
Written proof of immunizations is required when you register your child for kindergarten. Examples of written proof are as follow:
Medical baby book which your doctor has completed at the time of immunizations.
- A written list of immunizations and dates which the doctor’s office has provided on his/her stationery.
- A physical examination form with the dates of immunizations listed.
To ensure immunity – measles, mumps, and rubella must be given after the child’s first birthday. If a child has experienced the disease of measles or German measles, a blood test is required for verification from the attending physician. Mumps disease also needs a physician’s verifying statement.
In order for your child to continue maximum protection or be completely immunized, he/she must have boosters. However, boosters are not required for entrance to kindergarten.
Immunizations can be obtained at the following locations:
- Berks Visiting Nurse Association ~ Call 610-378-0481 for additional information. Health insurance policies are required to include coverage for childhood immunization.
- Tower Health at Home ~ Call 610-378-0481 for an appointment. Please click on the link below in RED for information on the 2020 Childhood Immunization Clinic Dates.
If you have any questions about the immunization requirements, please contact the nurse in the building where your child will attend (610) 670-0180…
Cornwall Terrace Elementary School – Nadine Hartranft – ext. 4482
Green Valley Elementary School – Angela Chmielewski – ext. 2830
Shiloh Hills Elementary School – Katie Pross – ext. 1930
Spring Ridge Elementary School – Stacy Pilgert – ext. 1830
Whitfield Elementary School – Robin Lysakowski – ext. 1630