- Complete the application including: clearly defined purpose, itinerary, and educational aspects of the trip.
- Return the completed application to the Principal’s Office prior to the trip. The office would recommend two weeks notice.
- If there is more than one child in a family from more than one building, only one application needs to be completed and returned to the oldest child’s Principal’s Office. The schools will be in contact
with one another.
- Someone from the Principal’s Office may be in contact with you concerning the absence.
- Assignments may be obtained prior to the trip (secondary only).
- Upon returning from the trip, the student is responsible to make up any work missed while absent.
- A student may be excused during a school year for up to five (5) days of absenteeism resulting from family or family financed trips.
- Any additional absences for trips will be recorded as unexcused/illegal absence(s). There will be no credit/make-up allowed for work missed due to an unexcused/illegal absence(s).
- No trips will be approved during published state standardized testing dates. Unapproved trips will be recorded as unexcused/illegal absences(s).
- Trips during the first five (5) days and the last five (5) days will be at the Principal’s discretion.