Dear Parents/Guardians- your role as your students’ LEARNING COACH is a very important one! Don’t be confused by the Accelerate logo, Edgenuity is the mother company. The links below has resources available for you to prepare for your role. The more you know, the better off your student will be!!
Learning Coaches: 10 Things to get your Student Started
The Role of the Learning Coach Grades K-3
The Role of the Learning Coach Grades 4-5
K-5 Learning Coach How-to Videos
Grades 6-12 Students
The Wilson School District is committed to providing a high quality learning experience for all students using an online platform. With over 10 years experience facilitating virtual learning, we have found the following characteristics to be beneficial for virtual learners.
- Be open-minded about sharing work, educational experiences, and life as part of the learning process.
- Be able to communicate through writing and other tools.
- Be self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Be willing to “speak up” if problems arise.
- Be willing and able to commit to 7 to 9 hours per week per course, which is equal to the amount of time spent in the traditional classroom and homework.
- Accept critical thinking and decision making as part of the learning process.
- Have access to a computer ( a Wilson chromebook will be assigned to you) and the internet.
- Be able to think ideas through before responding.
- Feel that high quality learning can take place without going to a traditional classroom.