The Fall and Winter Learn-To-Swim programs offer 30-minute lessons on Sunday afternoons.
These five-date sessions will offer three different class times. All levels, except parent-tot, are run during each time slot. Classes are filled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Parent Tot WILL ONLY be offered during the 3:30 pm class.
-Session information is listed below-
OCT 1, OCT 15,
NOV. 5, 12, & 19
Please pay close attention to registration dates, as these lessons do fill quickly, and you must complete the registration online.
Registration links will not go live until the dates listed below.
Please keep in mind that sessions fill very quickly, please pay close attention to the registration dates and times. We can not guarantee a space in a class and it is very important you are registering your child for the appropriate level, as we may not have the ability to make adjustments during the session.
You can visit our website for more information on Age Group Swimming, Water Polo and community Swims!
SEMI-PRIVATE & PRIVATE LESSONS ARE NOT BEING OFFERED AT THIS TIME.
At this time, the Wilson School District Learn To Swim Program is only being offered to school district residents and district employees.
If you need help determining the best level for your child please check out our skill chart!
GROUP LESSON INFORMATION
|Session Information||Class Dates||Class Time & levels||Class Time & levels||Class Time & levels||Class Time & levels|
|Fall Session||Oct. 1, 15
Nov. 5, 12, & 19
|Registration will open on August 30th
@ 12 pm
SESSION IS FULL
Reminder, Parents MUST get into the water with children in this class. One parent/guardian per child, please.
|SESSION||COURSE INFORMATION||TIME OFFERED||Registration
|Sunday Afternoon Class||Oct. 1, 15Nov. 5, 12, & 19||Parents will work with their toddlers in the pool under the guidance of qualified instructors to build basic water and water safety skills. Toddlers will learn to ask permission before entering the pool and become comfortable in the water so they are ready to learn to swim. Toddlers who are not potty-trained are required to wear swim diapers.||3:20-3:50 pm
|Registration will open on August 30th
@ 12 pm
CLASS IS FULL
$65.00 Group Lessons Resident/Employee
$55.00 Parent Tot Classes
How to register for the Wilson School District Learn To Swim Program
- Pay close attention to registration dates. Most of our sessions have a registration date when the lessons open for enrollment. Each session typically opens for enrollment at a specific time on the date listed above.
- Only certain classes will be offered during each time slot so it is important you register your child for the most accurate class based on his or her ability. The parent-tot class is typically offered during one time only so please pay attention to the time this class is listed.
- PRIVATE AND SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS WILL NOT BE OFFERED AT THIS TIME.
- When selecting a class please be sure it is the correct class you want to register. Read the entire line and be sure that the information is correct. The Wilson Aquatics Department cannot guarantee a spot will be available in another class if you do not sign up for it correctly.
- Once registered, you will receive an automatic confirmation indicating the office has received your registration.
- 1 week prior to the start of lessons you will receive another e-mail from the aquatic director indicating payment options, the lesson time assigned to your child/children, and directions and information about the facility.
- If a link is no longer “live” this typically means the session is CLOSED- please check the schedule below and if it is noted that some classes do have openings you may call the office to see if a spot is open in the level you are requesting.
- Unless specified – ALL REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETE ONLINE
Students may miss classes but make-ups will not be offered
- No Advanced Lessons will be offered at this time.
- Classes will only be offered to district residents.
SEMI-PRIVATE & PRIVATE LESSONS ARE NOT BEING OFFERED AT THIS TIME
- Can my child miss a class? Yes, your child can miss a class at any point; however, we do not offer a makeup class at any point during a session
- How do I know what level my child is when I register? If you’ve taken our learn to swim program then you’ll typically want to register your child for the next level. Once a session is complete a skill evaluation will give you feedback as to where your child finishes. If you’re new to Wilson Swim Lessons you can review our skill chart.
- Can my child advance to another level during the same session? Yes, if we feel your child is ready to move up during a session we will place them into the proper group during the session.
- At what age can my child start taking group lessons? We do not allow children under the age of 3 in our group lessons. It has been our experience that children under the age of 3 may not be ready to complete a lesson provided by our staff. There is a parent-tot class that allows you to work with your child from 6 months to 3 years of age.
- If I have more than one child enrolled in a session will they take lessons at the same time? Yes, I do my best to be sure siblings are taking lessons at the same time. Unfortunately, there are circumstances that do arise when we have to place children into lessons during different time slots.
- When will I receive my confirmation? Typically confirmations are sent out via e-mail one week before the start of each session. Please note, if you only receive one confirmation but have multiple children enrolled in the lessons each child DOES have a spot- our e-mail system will not send duplicate communications to the same account.
- How do I make a payment? Payments can be made through the e-funds system, or by check or money order. We expect payments for the first class.
- Can I cancel my enrollment after I’ve registered? We understand things happen, it is very important to notify Erin Kurtz email@example.com as soon as you realize you have conflicts with the session of lessons you’re enrolling your child in, as we do have a waitlist.
- When will my child be able to swim on his or her own? Swimming is not a natural skill for most people learning to swim will take some time, practice, and confidence. It may take a child repeating a level more than once to advance and feel confident in their swimming ability.
- When can I enroll my child in the next session? All of the registration information is located on the website and it must be completed online.
- Can I request an instructor? We will do our best to fulfill instructor requests but please understand these requests may not be granted.
- Can I watch from the pool deck? We ask our families to sit in our beautiful viewing gallery located above the pool. This ensures that your child gets the attention they need and that our instructors stay on task. In the event of behavior issues or if you have a young child who is scared you will be invited to be on the pool deck.
- What should I bring to swim lessons? Your child needs to come with a swimsuit, towel, and goggles if they so desire- we do not supply goggles and we do not permit swimmies or floaties.
- Is the same instructor assigned to my class each week? While we do our best to keep our instructors consistently assigned to the same classes we can not guarantee the instructor will be the same each week. Our instructor staff is made up of mainly our high school aquatic athletes and there are times they will miss classes for various reasons.