2020 American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course Information Now Available
Students must be 15 years or older before the final class.
This course will teach the skills necessary for a student to earn an American Red Cross lifeguard certification. Students must attend all classes, pass all tests, and competently perform required skills in order to receive certification at the end of the course.
Payment and attendance does not guarantee certification.
This course also includes training in First Aid/CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers.
The class will take place in the classroom and in the pool. Students should always report to the Natatorium Classroom at the start of class unless otherwise instructed. Students should be prepared for every class with course material (received during the first class), writing implement, swimsuit, and towel. Students must pass both the written and physical portions of the test. Refunds are only guaranteed for students who do not pass the initial swimming pretest requirements.
Students must be:
- 15 Years or Older before the Final Class
- Water Safe and a Capable Swimmer (must complete a 300-yard continuous swim)
- Able to retrieve a Brick from Bottom of Pool (first class)
Includes Red Cross Fees, Instructor Costs, Course Material, & First Aid & CPR Training, and Pocket Face Mask.
- Wilson Resident: $275
- Non-Resident: $300
MARCH 17, MARCH 24, MARCH 31
APRIL 7, APRIL 14, APRIL 21, APRIL 28
MAY 5, MAY 12, MAY 19
This class meets every Tuesday on the dates above from 6:00-9:00 pm
Ten classes will require mandatory attendance to complete this class
- Additional practice dates may be scheduled on Thursdays in April and May to meet class requirements
- Participants are expected to attend all the above dates.
- If a conflict arises ONE make-up class will be scheduled.
- Maximum class size is 20 students
- *Participants must be able to attend ALL dates in order to receive the certification
Click on the link below to register for the spring 2020 American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course.
Please contact Erin Goodhart-Kurtz: