2021 American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course Information Now Available
Students must be 15 years or older before the final class.
This course will teach the skills necessary for a student to earn an American Red Cross lifeguard certification. Students must attend all classes, pass all tests, and competently perform required skills in order to receive certification at the end of the course.
Payment and attendance does not guarantee certification.
This course also includes training in First Aid/CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers.
The class will take place in the classroom and in the pool. Students should always report to the Natatorium Classroom at the start of class unless otherwise instructed. Students should be prepared for every class with course material (received during the first class), writing implement, swimsuit, and towel. Students must pass both the written and physical portions of the test. Refunds are only guaranteed for students who do not pass the initial swimming pretest requirements.
Students must be:
- 15 Years or Older before the Final Class
- Water Safe and a Capable Swimmer (must complete a 300-yard continuous swim)
- Able to retrieve a Brick from Bottom of Pool (first class)
- The 2021 Lifeguarding Course is only being offered to District Residents/WSD Students
Includes Red Cross Fees, Instructor Costs, Course Material, & First Aid & CPR Training, and Pocket Face Mask.
- Wilson Resident: $275
MARCH 14, MARCH 21, MARCH 28
APRIL 11, APRIL 18, APRIL 25
MAY 2, MAY 9, MAY 16 MAY 23
This class meets every Sunday on the dates above from 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Ten classes will require mandatory attendance to complete this class. Zoom/Google meet will be used to maintain social distancing.
- Additional practice dates may be scheduled in May to meet class requirements
- Participants are expected to attend all the above dates.
- If a conflict arises ONE make-up class will be scheduled.
- Maximum class size is 12 students
- *Participants must be able to attend ALL dates in order to receive the certification
Click on the link below to register for the spring 2020 American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course.
2021 Spring course is full!
Please contact Erin Goodhart-Kurtz: