Students must be 15 years or older before the final class.
This course will teach the skills necessary for a student to earn an American Red Cross lifeguard certification. Students must attend all classes, pass all tests, and competently perform required skills in order to receive certification at the end of the course.
Payment and attendance does not guarantee certification.
This course also includes training in First Aid/CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers.
The class will take place in the classroom and the pool. Students should always report to the Natatorium Classroom at the start of class unless otherwise instructed. Students should be prepared for every class with course material (received during first class), writing implement, swimsuit, and towel. Students must pass both the written and physical portions of the test. Refunds are only guaranteed for students who do not pass the initial swimming pretest requirements.
Students must be:
- 15 Years or Older before the Final Class
- Water Safe and a Capable Swimmer (must complete a 300-yard continuous swim)
- Able to retrieve a Brick from Bottom of Pool (first class)
Cost of Course
Includes Red Cross Fees, Instructor Costs, Course Material, & First Aid & CPR Training, and Pocket Face Mask.
- Wilson Resident: $275
- Non-Resident: $300
2019 Spring Class!
Ten classes will require mandatory attendance to complete this class
- Tuesday, March 19, 201, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 7, 2019, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 29, 2019, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Additional practice dates may be scheduled on Thursdays in April and May to meet class requirements
- Participants are expected to attend all the above dates. If a conflict arises ONE make-up class will be scheduled.
Maximum Class Size
- 20 Students (CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED)
- *Participants must be able to attend ALL dates in order to receive the certification
Please contact Erin Goodhart-Kurtz: