The Wilson School District offers the opportunity for any Wilson School District resident ages 6-14 (cannot be 15 years or older on or before December 1, 2018) to join and participate on the Wilson Age Group Swimming & Diving Team. A child’s age for the league is determined by the child’s age as of December 1st. If a child is born on December 2, 2009, the child will swim in the 8 & under age group since the child will turn 9 years old after the league cut-off date.
The team competes in the Tri-County League which has a rule that states a swimmer or diver may only compete on one team during a season. This means a child cannot compete on any other team after the start, and until the conclusion, of the Tri-County League. This includes participating for YMCA or private club teams. The league has changed its rule for participation in USA meets. An athlete may compete in a USA meet only under the name of the school district’s program on weekends the program is not scheduled to compete. It up to the discretion of the school’s team if they decide to allow an athlete to also compete in USA meets, as the school team must register for USA. At the current time, Wilson School District will be sponsoring specific USA Swimming Meet dates through our season and you will only be permitted to attend those meets. These USA competitions will be supervised by a Wilson Swimming coach. Dates will be provided at the 2019 fall parents meeting so it is very important that parents attend this meeting.
If a child decides to participate on another team that child becomes ineligible to participate in the Wilson Age Group Swim Team. A child must participate on a team that is located in the area they reside. For the Wilson Age Group Team, a child does not need to attend a school in the Wilson School District but they must live within the boundaries of the district.
There are four age groups available to both genders that compete on the Wilson Age Group Swimming & Diving Team: 8 & under, 9&10, 11& 12, 13&14. Each age group also has different lengths they need to swim in meets. The older you are the longer you swim. The lowest amount of yards in a race is 25 yards for the 8 & unders, while the 14 & unders swim 100 yards (or lower if on a relay team). An athlete in a specific age group must be able to complete the minimum distance within that age group without stopping or using a lane line or wall. Please be advised of this requirement, if interested in signing a swimmer up for the team.
Diving will be offered and will have the same age groups as swimming with required dives that must be performed in order to participate.
For additional information, please use the links located under the Age Group Swimming & Diving Team on the left sidebar.
Thank you for attending last night’s meeting, as I mentioned it was a lot of information and I do want to recap the highlights below! If you could not attend the zoom meeting the information can be found on the drive below. The meeting video, audio, and chat notes will be located in the file labeled ZOOM Meeting. All paperwork should be accessible via google drive. Please take the time to review the Health & Safety Plan.
PRACTICE BEGINS MONDAY NOV. 30, 2020.
We will run practice 4 days a week through December 31, 2020. Once we enter the new year our coaches will reevaluate and add weekend practices as needed. The final date of the season is February 26, 2021.
You can find the weekly schedule below:
At this time there will not be any competitions scheduled. It is our hope to add some competitions to the schedule at the start of the new year. We will maintain our traditional policy, if your swimmer is currently competing with another team he/she may not participate in WAGS.
SPIRIT WEAR & TEAM SUITS
We will not be selling a team suit this season; however, we do have information regarding a spirit wear sale.
The spirit wear sale will run until Nov. 23, 2020. These items always make great Christmas Gifts!
In the file included in this email, you will be able to access the COVID documents need for our season.
The liability form must be filed once.
The daily COVID Waiver needs to be brought to practice daily. If your child does not have this waiver he/she can not practice.
2020 PARENT INFORMATION DRIVE. Use this to access all of our paperwork for the season.
FIRST TIME PARTICIPANTS
If this is the first season your child will participate in WAGS please bring them to our evaluation session on Sunday, Nov. 22, 2020, at 12:00 pm.
One parent will be permitted to accompany their child into this session. We will ask you to enter through our main lobby doors and we will assign lanes to swimmers upon arrival. This assessment will take no more than 20 minutes.
PRACTICE INFORMATION/DROP OFF
- Participants and staff must complete a COVID-19 health screening before entering the facility. If individuals participating in a community program shows symptoms of COVID-19, or are sick, they must be sent home.
- Participants and their parents/guardians will be asked to complete and sign the Participation Waiver for Communicable Diseases Including COVID 19. This must be on file for every athlete.
- Face coverings will be used per state/local government requirements. Face coverings must be worn by all athletes entering the facility.
- Athletes will enter the pool through the main lobby doors and exit practices through the LH 18 door. Side door located across from Gurski Stadium. We do ask parents to follow this flow of traffic: https://tinyurl.com/y58wga5c
- Intensify cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation in all facilities.
- Anyone who is sick must stay home.
- Any person with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis should not be allowed to participate in community activities and should contact his or her primary care provider or other appropriate health care professional. Said person must have medical clearance from their primary care provider or other appropriate health-care professionals in order to return.
- Please communicate to our coaches as often as possible if you feel your athlete has been exposed to COVID. We will report those circumstances to Dr. Hoffert for additional guidance.
- Participants and coaches MUST provide their own water bottle for hydration. Water bottles should be labeled and must not be shared.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, masks, and eye protection will be used as needed and when situations warrant, or as determined by state/local governments.
ATHLETE ENTRY PROCESS
- Entrance for youth practices will be through the main lobby doors and you will check-in for practice in the pool lobby.
- Face masks will be necessary upon check-in for participants.
- Doors will be specifically marked as entrance and exit points, proper signage will be posted regarding masks, symptoms of COVID 19, and the space for maximum occupancy.
- PRACTICE ENTRANCE, MAIN LOBBY. PRACTICE EXIT SIDE DOORS EXITING TO THE GURSKI PARKING LOT.
- A screening form must be complete for each participant.
- A hand sanitizing station is at the front door for all patrons entering the facility to utilize.
- Participants will be asked to arrive 5 minutes before their practice time. If arriving early, you will be asked to wait outside the facility.
- Athletes must come dressed in their bathing suits to limit the use of locker rooms.
- Lobby Bathrooms: Lobby bathrooms will only be permitted for use upon arrival.
- We will designate the general locker rooms on the pool deck for use only as needed. Athletes will not be permitted to use the locker rooms after practice to change.
- Athletes will sit on designated bleachers and wait for practice to begin.
- All belongings will be kept on the pool deck.
AREA 2: POOL
- PROTECTION FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Proper pool chemistry is more important than ever. Our pool chemistry is tested twice per day and we use top of the line chemical controllers to ensure proper water treatment and disinfection.
- Face masks will be required for each participant upon entering the pool. The masks can be removed once you prepare to enter the pool for practice.
- Age Group Swimming & Diving must adhere to the on-deck capacity of 68 people.
- Any equipment used during practice will be sterilized on a nightly basis.
- All personal belongings should fit into one bag and be kept on the pool deck.ve their own pair for practice.
- Athletes must provide their own water bottle, cap, goggles, face mask, towel, etc.
POOL LOBBY & GALLERY
- PARENT/GUARDIAN PROTOCOL
- Parents/guardians will not be permitted to stand inside the facility during practice. We recommend waiting in your vehicle if you plan to wait on campus for the conclusion of practice.
- A coach will be on-site at the pool entrance to collect screening forms.
2020-2021 Season Fees
I will open E-funds for payments on Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020. Team fees were adjusted for the 2020 season. Cash, Money Order, and Checks are accepted. All check payments can be made payable to the Wilson School District.
The 2020 Wilson Age Group Swimming & Diving Team fees are as follows:
- First Child: $150 (Same Immediate Family)
- Second Child: $125 (Same Immediate Family)
- Family (3 Children or more): $350 (Same Immediate Family)
- Diving Only: $100
- Swimming & Diving Participation: $200
Please let me know if you have any questions!