The Wilson School District offers the opportunity for any Wilson School District resident ages 6-14 (cannot be 15 years or older on or before December 1, 2021) to join and participate on the Wilson Age Group Swimming & Diving Team. A child’s age for the league is determined by the child’s age as of December 1st. If a child is born on December 2- the child will swim in the 8 & under age group since the child will turn 9 years old after the league cut-off date.
The team competes in the Tri-County League which has a rule that states a swimmer or diver may only compete on one team during a season. This means a child cannot compete on any other team after the start, and until the conclusion, of the Tri-County League. This includes participating for YMCA or private club teams. The league has changed its rule for participation in USA meets. An athlete may compete in a USA meet only under the name of the school district’s program on weekends the program is not scheduled to compete. It up to the discretion of the school’s team if they decide to allow an athlete to also compete in USA meets, as the school team must register for USA. At the current time, Wilson School District will be sponsoring specific USA Swimming Meet dates through our season and you will only be permitted to attend those meets. These USA competitions will be supervised by a Wilson Swimming coach. Dates will be provided at the 2019 fall parents meeting so it is very important that parents attend this meeting.
If a child decides to participate on another team that child becomes ineligible to participate in the Wilson Age Group Swim Team. A child must participate on a team that is located in the area they reside. For the Wilson Age Group Team, a child does not need to attend a school in the Wilson School District but they must live within the boundaries of the district.
There are four age groups available to both genders that compete on the Wilson Age Group Swimming & Diving Team: 8 & under, 9&10, 11& 12, 13&14. Each age group also has different lengths they need to swim in meets. The older you are the longer you swim. The lowest amount of yards in a race is 25 yards for the 8 & unders, while the 14 & unders swim 100 yards (or lower if on a relay team). An athlete in a specific age group must be able to complete the minimum distance within that age group without stopping or using a lane line or wall. Please be advised of this requirement, if interested in signing a swimmer up for the team.
Diving will be offered and will have the same age groups as swimming with required dives that must be performed in order to participate.
For additional information, please use the links located under the Age Group Swimming & Diving Team on the left sidebar.
One Day Youth Diving Clinic
Join our age group staff for a one-day clinic- open to all new & returning divers!
SUNDAY NOV. 14, 2021
PARENT MEETING: Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021- Lower House Cafe 7:00 pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 989 2219 9514
FIRST TIME PARTICIPANTS
If this is the first season your child will participate in WAGS please bring them to our evaluation session on Sunday, Nov. 7, 2021, at 12:00 pm.
One parent will be permitted to accompany their child into this session. We will ask you to enter through our main lobby doors and we will assign lanes to swimmers upon arrival. This assessment will take no more than 20 minutes.
PRACTICE INFORMATION/DROP OFF
- If individuals participating in a community program show symptoms of COVID-19, or are sick, they must be sent home.
- Participants and their parents/guardians will be asked to complete and sign the Participation Waiver for Communicable Diseases Including COVID 19. This must be on file for every athlete.
- Face coverings will be used per state/local government requirements. Face coverings must be worn by all athletes entering the facility.
- Athletes will enter the pool through the main lobby doors and exit practices through the LH 18 door. Side door located across from Gurski Stadium. We do ask parents to follow this flow of traffic: https://tinyurl.com/y58wga5c
- Intensify cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation in all facilities.
- Anyone who is sick must stay home.
- Any person with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis should not be allowed to participate in community activities and should contact his or her primary care provider or other appropriate health care professional. Said person must have medical clearance from their primary care provider or other appropriate healthcare professionals in order to return.
- Please communicate to our coaches as often as possible if you feel your athlete has been exposed to COVID. We will report those circumstances to Dr. Hoffert for additional guidance.
- Participants and coaches MUST provide their own water bottle for hydration. Water bottles should be labeled and must not be shared.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, masks, and eye protection will be used as needed and when situations warrant, or as determined by state/local governments.
ATHLETE ENTRY PROCESS
- Entrance for youth practices will be through the main lobby doors and you will check in for practice in the pool lobby.
- Face masks will be necessary upon check-in for participants.
- Doors will be specifically marked as entrance and exit points, proper signage will be posted regarding masks, symptoms of COVID 19, and the space for maximum occupancy.
- PRACTICE ENTRANCE, MAIN LOBBY. PRACTICE EXIT SIDE DOORS EXITING TO THE GURSKI PARKING LOT.
- A hand sanitizing station is at the front door for all patrons entering the facility to utilize.
- Participants will be asked to arrive 5 minutes before their practice time. If arriving early, you will be asked to wait outside the facility.
- Athletes must come dressed in their bathing suits to limit the use of locker rooms.
- Lobby Bathrooms: Lobby bathrooms will only be permitted for use upon arrival.
- We will designate the general locker rooms on the pool deck for use only as needed. Athletes will not be permitted to use the locker rooms after practice to change.
- Athletes will sit on designated bleachers and wait for practice to begin.
- All belongings will be kept on the pool deck.
POOL LOBBY & GALLERY
- PARENT/GUARDIAN PROTOCOL
- Parents/guardians will not be permitted to stand inside the facility during practice. We recommend waiting in your vehicle if you plan to wait on campus for the conclusion of practice.
- A coach will be on-site at the pool entrance to collect screening forms.
I will open E-funds for payments on Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2021. Team fees will return to a regular rate for the 2021-22 season. Cash, Money Order and Checks are accepted. All check payments can be made payable to the Wilson School District.
The 2021 Wilson Age Group Swimming & Diving Team fees are as follows:
- First Child: $175 (Same Immediate Family)
- Second Child: $150 (Same Immediate Family)
- Family (3 Children or more): $400 (Same Immediate Family)
- Diving Only: $125
- Swimming & Diving Participation: $225