Scholastic Aptitude Test (Reasoning Test)
Wilson’s High School Code 395-190
The Scholastic Aptitude Test (Reasoning Test) is a four-hour examination designed to measure the critical reading, mathematical and writing abilities of candidates for college admissions. It is offered seven times during the school year. We recommend that college-bound juniors sit for the test two or three times; those who have not completed Algebra 2 should wait until late spring of the junior year to test for the first time and should repeat the testing in the fall of the senior year. It is possible to obtain a maximum score of 800 points on each of the areas for a possible total of 2400. The approximate average score for each area is 525 – 550.
Students register for the test online at www.collegeboard.com; the website includes practice questions and test-taking suggestions. The test is administered at the high school. Scores are available online two weeks after the exam and are mailed to students’ homes approximately four weeks after the test. For more information, visit the College Board website.
The SAT Subject Area Tests are one-hour exams assessing a student’s abilities in a given subject. Students can elect to take as many as three exams on any given test date and most of the tests are available multiple times through the year.These tests are used by the more competitive colleges for both admission and placement decisions, and the colleges often specify which tests they want a student to take. Students should check the entrance requirement of the colleges they are considering to see if they should register for Subject Area Tests.Students usually sit for these exams during the fall semester of the senior year; they should plan to study for the exams as they would for a final exam.Registration is conducted online at www.collegeboard.com; the test is administered at the high school, and scores are mailed to the student’s home approximately four weeks after the exam.
- SAT $49.50 (Regular Registration without essay)
- SAT $64.50 (Registration with essay)
- Late Registration fee $30
- $12/school to send score reports after test day
SAT Subject (varies)
Various other fees (see website)
Fee Waivers: Please talk to your school counselor about fee waivers
Test Dates and Deadlines
2019-20 SAT Dates
Deadlines expire at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, U.S. To see international SAT test dates, visit International Registration.
|SAT Date||SAT Subject Tests Available||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline||Deadline for Changes|
|August 24, 2019||See SAT Subject Tests available on this date||July 26, 2019||August 6, 2019 (for mailed registrations)
August 13, 2019 (for registrations made online or by phone)
|August 13, 2019|
|October 5, 2019||See SAT Subject Tests available on this date||September 6, 2019||September 17, 2019 (for mailed registrations)
September 24, 2019 (for registrations made online or by phone)
|September 24, 2019|
|November 2, 2019||See SAT Subject Tests available on this date||October 3, 2019||October 15, 2019 (for mailed registrations)
October 22, 2019 (for registrations made online or by phone)
|October 22, 2019|
|December 7, 2019||See SAT Subject Tests available on this date||November 8, 2019||November 19, 2019 (for mailed registrations)
November 26, 2019 (for registrations made online or by phone)
|November 26, 2019|
|March 14, 2020||SAT Subject Tests not offered on this date||February 14, 2020||February 25, 2020 (for mailed registrations)
March 3, 2020 (for registrations made online or by phone)
|March 3, 2020|
|May 2, 2020||See SAT Subject Tests available on this date||April 3, 2020||April 14, 2020 (for mailed registrations)
April 21, 2020 (for registrations made online or by phone)
|April 21, 2020|
|June 6, 2020||See SAT Subject Tests available on this date||May 8, 2020||May 19, 2020 (for mailed registrations)
May 27, 2020 (for registrations made online or by phone)
|May 27, 2020|
Score Release Dates
Most SAT scores are released about two weeks after the test day. June scores take longer, up to six weeks. Find out when scores will be released.
U.S. deadlines apply to students testing in the United States and U.S. territories.
- U.S. registration materials that are mailed must be postmarked by the U.S. deadlines. The deadlines expire at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, U.S.
- Additional fees apply if you register late, change your test center, change your test date, or switch from taking the SAT to taking a Subject Test after registering. Find out how to make registration changes and get deadlines.
- Sunday administrations usually occur the day after each Saturday test date for students who cannot test on Saturday due to religious observance. Please note this exception: Sunday testing for the October 3, 2020 SAT will be held October 18, 2020.
- If you miss the late registration deadline, you may be able to get on the waitlist.
- Your registration options will be limited if you aren’t taking the SAT for one of its main purposes.
SAT Subject Tests
SAT Test Prep (free and paid options)
The listing on here is offered as a service to the students and parents of Wilson School District and is not an endorsement of the programs by the Wilson School District or Wilson Senior High School.
- Naviance/Family Connection (FREE)
- KHAN Academy (FREE)
- Digital Flashcards (FREE)
- I need a Pencil (FREE SAT Prep)
- Kaplan FREE Online SAT Prep
- Kaplan FREE TEST PREP
- Math Review
- Practice Tools Brochure
- Practice (Free and pay options)
- Prep (FREE)
- Preparing for the SAT (FREE Booklet)
- Strategy Workshop (FREE Webinar Recording)
- SAT Subject (FREE)
- Test Prep Preview
PSU Berks SAT Test Prep
RACC SAT PREP
- Not being offered this Fall
1 to 1 Tutor
- Online Tutoring Program
- Diana Hinkel, Phone: 484-525-9823
Kaplan Test Prep
- Various Prices
Huntington Learning Center
- Various Prices
- Various Prices
Sylvan Learning Center
- Various Prices
Your Study Connection, Shaunna Crossen, Ph.D.