Here is a list of resources to help prepare students for the world of work and a career after high school. The listing on here is offered as a service to the students and guardian of Wilson High School and is not an endorsement of the programs by the Wilson School District.
Job Search Websites
Here is a list of websites for students to start applying to different jobs they are interested in, now or when they graduate from Wilson.
- Apprenticeship Programs
- ABC Pre-Apprenticeship Summer 2022 Construction Programs
- 2022 Summer, Class runs from 9 am – 2:30 pm and takes place at our facility in Manheim.
- Applicants should be age 16 and up and must provide their own transportation.
- The application form is attached for student use; please return applications directly to Stephanie Larkin email@example.com
- This is a tuition-based program at $2,000 per student.
- CareerBuilder – https://www.careerbuilder.com/
- Company career pages
- Glassdoor – https://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm
- Google for Jobs – https://jobs.google.com/
- Indeed – https://www.indeed.com/
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/
- Monster – https://www.monster.com/jobs/
- Simply Hired – https://www.simplyhired.com/
Amazon Training and Certifications https://aws.amazon.com/training/?nc2=sb_tc
Google Certification https://grow.google/certificates/#?modal_active=none
Google Cloud Trainings https://inthecloud.withgoogle.com/cloud-learning-paths-22/register.html
Linkedin Skill Assessment Quizzes https://github.com/Ebazhanov/linkedin-skill-assessments-quizzes
Below are some tips for you to review before the interview.
3) Some sample interview questions https://www.millionaire-kids.com/interviewquestions.html
4) Some other sample interview questions https://www.understood.org/en/friends-feelings/teens-tweens/first-jobs/job-interview-questions-to-practice-with-your-teen
Some helpful websites/resources:
5 Rules to the College and Career Game https://cew.georgetown.edu/cew-reports/5rules/#resources
Career Finder https://roadtripnation.com/edu/careerfinder
Whether you’re just starting to explore career paths or already have yours planned out, Career Finder helps you take the next steps with the perfect combination of data and stories.
This website provides students with different assessments, and resources they could use to explore different career options.
Career Ready Berks https://careerreadyberks.org/
An online platform to bring career information and opportunities to our 70,000 students in Berks County. There are over 180 virtual experiences available! You can filter for virtual experiences under the experiences tab, check out the options.
Career Pathways https://berksbec.org/initiatives/career-education/
Career Pathways is a program provided to help students explore different career choices based on their skills and interests.
This website is a resource for career exploration, training, and jobs. Its focus is to find opportunities specifically for any individual’s needs and wants.
Degrees 101(by Mrs. Jenny Clay March 2022, intern)
Education Planner http://www.educationplanner.org/
This website provides students with practical advice and resources to explore different careers and create their own personal plans for post-graduation.
Explore the Trades https://explorethetrades.org/
At Explore The Trades our mission is to recruit individuals to the plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical trades. These industries keep our country running. Jobs in these industries are in high demand and come with great pay, career opportunities and job security. We want to help you discover that these careers aren’t just a choice – they’re the best choice.
Mapping Your Future www.mappingyourfuture.org/ –
This website provides students with different resources to explore careers, prepare for after high school, assess their skills and interests, and many more.
This tool provides students the opportunity to explore their skills, and interests by completing online assessments that will connect them to careers that match. The student can then explore different careers.
Below is a list of the Career Assessments provided to them by Naviance.
- Career Cluster Finder- helps students discover different career clusters that may be a good match based on their interests
- Career Interest Profiler – online career interest assessment for students based on Holland’s interest codes.
- Do What You Are- uses personality traits to find careers where those personality traits will be the best fit
- Strengths Explorer- helps students find their strengths and uses those results to find careers where they can use those strengths
- MI Advantage- helps students recognize their unique intellect and explore recommended careers based on those results
Occupational Outlook Handbook https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
This handbook provides individuals with all the details of a specific job. It provides information on what the jobs consist of as far as what the individual is expected to do, the salary, the locations, education needed, training needed, qualifications, job outlook, and more.
This website provides detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more
PA Careerlink https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/jponline/
This website provides resources that allow students to explore different jobs, as well as find different training opportunities available to them here in Pennsylvania.
Choosing a college major can be hard. Some students have known what they wanted to be since they were three years old; others aren’t sure, even with college right around the corner. Whether you’re already in college or you’ve just started applying, here are some tips to finding the major that’s right for you.
Pennsylvania Career Zone https://www.pacareerzone.org/
This website provides students with assessments to find their skills and interests and provides different resources to explore careers based on their results.
Specific local Company Websites:
County of Berks Correctional Officers job posting: https://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/Jail/Pages/COTestingInformation.aspx
There is a pre-employment physically-based exam. More info here: https://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/Jail/Pages/StrengthAgilityScreeningProgram.aspx