Open Campus Privilege – Juniors
Junior students will have the opportunity to leave campus with approval from their parent/guardian and administration following submission of the required application. The criteria necessary to apply for open campus is below. Junior students that meet all of the criteria below will be able to leave school during a study hall.
- Please complete both forms below
- 3.40 weighted GPA and above at end of student’s sophomore year
- Extracurricular and/or Co-curricular participation requirement or Principal approved activity
- Minimal incidences of discipline during Sophomore year
- Student must have exemplary attendance during Sophomore year
- Must have 12 credits completed entering Junior year
- Score of Proficient or Advanced on the Keystone Algebra I, Literature, and Biology assessments
- Student must be scheduled for 5 credits during Junior year
- Student must sign in and out daily at the greeters desk
- Schedules will not be adjusted to move study halls to certain periods in the school day.
The application will be available on May 1. A review of the applications will take place in mid-July, after GPA is calculated. Students will be informed of their acceptance via the Skyward schedule feature which is available in mid-August.
This is a privilege that can be revoked at anytime at the discretion of Wilson High School Administration. Please be aware that students approved for Open Campus are expected to adhere to all Wilson School District policies and procedures and maintain high academic achievement in order to continue enjoy the Open Campus privileges.