- Spring Township Summer Playground Leaders – Must be 18 years old, enjoy working with children in the outdoors, and be available June 3-July 26, 2024. $15/hour. APPLY BY FEBRUARY 1st at www.springtwpberks.org.
- KE Camps Summer Day Camps – Job opportunities and application https://kecamps.workbrightats.com/jobs/1040508
- PA Outdoor Corps More information https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/outdoorcorps/pages/default.aspx
- Americorps Opportunity for individuals 17 and older – This is a great way to earn money for education or training after high school, get spending money, build relationships, and learn new skills.Length:
Summer Positions require about 300 hours of work (Applications* for the summer should be submitted in the first week of April)
10-12 month positions require 300 and 450 hours of work (Applications* for the 2024-2025 school year should be submitted in the first week of August)Local opportunities will be at one of the Olivet Boys & Girls Club sites. During the interview applicants will be asked which Reading location they prefer. If interested in applying or if there are specific questions, please reach out to Jordan Rodriguez via email: Jordan.email@example.com Jordan will be able to share what you may be doing, what the Americorps program is all about, and other details.
PA Free Enterprise Week
When: Four week-long programs in the summer of 2024
Where: Lycoming College or Pennsylvania College of Technology (Williamsport, PA)
Pennsylvania Free Enterprise Week or PFEW is an award-winning week-long summer educational program offered to all current high school sophomores and juniors throughout Pennsylvania. It is a fun, interactive, hands-on program that teaches students to understand the operations of a business including marketing, accounting, supply and demand, and more. PFEW also helps students develop critical skills in communication, leadership, time management, problem solving, and team building all while improving their self-esteem and confidence.
For more information and to apply: www.pfew.org Students from Berks County schools receive a discounted registration rate!
- Camp Connect
- PACAC Camp College
- Forensic Science Mentoring Institute Summer Science Program in Willon Grove, PA
- TRIP Initiative: summer program at Temple University for students interested in STEAM
- Discover Nursing, Reading Hospital
- Va. Tech Black College Institute for Rising Seniors and Juniors
- Telluride Association Summer Program (Locations at Cornell University, University of Maryland and University of Michigan) The Telluride Association Summer Seminar (TASS) is a free, six-week summer educational experience for high school sophomores and juniors. TASS prepares and inspires promising young students to lead and serve through transformative educational experiences rooted in critical thinking and democratic community. Telluride Association covers all program costs for every student, including tuition, books, room and board, field trips, and facilities fees.
Additional Summer Program Options
- Brown Pre-College Program With over 300 courses available, Brown Pre-College provides you a range of opportunities to explore your passions and engage your potential. Brown University’s Pre-College Program offers groupings of courses or academic programs that focus on an area of study. The application opens on January 17, 2024, with decisions sent out on a rolling basis.
- UPenn Arts & Sciences High School Summer Programs These programs deliver the challenge of an Ivy League curriculum to talented high school students seeking a pre-collegiate academic experience in the summertime. Students explore dynamic subjects, engage with leading faculty, and build intellectual connections during two-, three-, or six-week summer high school programs.
- Temple’s Tyler School of Art & Architecture Summer 2024 Pre-College Programs educate and inspire creatively-driven students entering grades 10-12 to be active in achieving their highest artistic and academic goals. Beginning and advanced student artists will find classes that allow them to explore new media, progress technical skills, and create work suitable for their college admissions portfolio. On-campus housing is available for all programs, introducing students to Temple’s campus and Philadelphia’s cultural highlights. Visit the website to learn more about housing options, financial aid, and how to apply.
- The University of Chicago’s summer pre-college programs draw from the multidisciplinary emphasis and intellectual richness of the College’s Core curriculum. Whether it’s creative writing, economics, or molecular engineering, students can find a formative college-level experience on campus this summer.
- Stevens Institute of Technology Summer 2024 Pre-College Programs offers a variety of STEAM-related summer programs. Students will have the opportunity to learn from Stevens faculty, connect with current students, participate in social activities and learn more about the college admissions process. Visit their site to see the list of programs and learn more!
- Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive (IGEI) at Lehigh University is currently accepting applications from current 10th and 11th grade students. This program will be hosted on Lehigh’s campus from June 23 – July 20, 2024 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. During this immersive experience, participants engage in dynamic learning opportunities, workshops and design labs, visits to companies and start-ups and a team-based business consulting project with a real client company.
- Temple’s Pre-College programs are an excellent opportunity for high school students to experience what life is really like as a student at Temple University. With programs for students in grades 10 through 12, high school students can explore potential majors through noncredit workshops, take undergraduate courses at Temple for college credit, experience residential life on Temple’s campus, and network with Temple’s faculty and potential future classmates.
- Summer Discovery provides experiential pre-college programs for high school and middle school students. 300+ courses are offered at 15 top-tier universities.
- Summer HS Programs at Boston University BU’s long-running Summer Term pre-college offerings include a choice of one-, two-, three-, and six-week programs that prepare you for success in college. With five exciting and challenging pre-college summer programs to choose from, you can earn college credit, discover a new subject area, perform cutting-edge research in University labs, or immerse yourself in hands-on learning.
- Best College Review’s 50 best Pre-College Summer Technology Programs for High School Students
- HS Navigator HS Navigator has opportunities for students who are looking to add to their college resume or to help with their career exploration. This website has compiled over 2000 internships, summer opportunities, pre-college programs, and volunteer opportunities. All students have to do is select the type of opportunity, what subjects you are looking for, and any of the other options such as paid, grade levels, or co-ed, and the website will generate a list of opportunities that meet your specifications.
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies Programs Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies advances the education of intellectually passionate pre-college students. We offer a variety of programs designed to meet the needs of students everywhere.
- Health and Biomedical Sciences Summer Camp, Lebanon Valley College Through lectures and hands-on laboratory investigations in state-of-the-art laboratories, students will be introduced to the fundamentals of disciplines such as molecular biology, neuroscience, pharmacology, immunology, physiology and other medical sciences. In addition, students will interact with practicing professionals in fields such as medicine, physical therapy, nursing and biomedical laboratory research.
- University of Pittsburgh Health Career Scholars Academy
- Spark the Wave (Villanova University) http://www.sparkthewave.org/
- University of Notre Dame Pre-College Programs Notre Dame Pre-College delivers a true college experience on campus, abroad, and virtually for exceptional high school students! Students engage with dynamic Notre Dame faculty in exciting and challenging college level classes, grow in leadership through service, and connect with like-minded students from around the world.
- Columbia University Pre-College Programs Three-week residential programs available. Students will choose from over 70 courses in a dozen subject areas, spending about four hours in class every weekday with a two-hour midday break. Classes are taught by expert instructors who will challenge students to think independently, critically, and creatively, with both open-mindedness and precision.
- Beacon College (FL) Summer for Success Programs Our summer program helps college-bound high school freshmen, sophomores and juniors who learn differently build the skills, confidence and preparation they need to successfully transition from high school. Students better understand their learning differences, recognize early stumbling blocks and know what they need to succeed in their first year of college.
- Syracuse University Pre-College Programs For more than 60 years, Syracuse University Office of Pre-College Programs has been providing high school students with the opportunity to explore potential college majors and careers in its renowned pre-college programs. Students not only learn what it’s like to be a college student, but they leave the program feeling confident, enthusiastic and ready for college.
- Wildlife Leadership Academy Spend 5 days at a summer field school taught by leading natural resource professionals. Each field focuses on wildlife/fisheries conservation and leadership skills development.
- Marist Summer Pre-College Programs give rising juniors and seniors the opportunity to take hands-on, college-level courses in a variety of subject areas, learn from experienced faculty, and earn three transferable college credits.
- DeSales University Summer Video Institutes SVI has a dual focus: production techniques and storytelling. It’s our belief that a positive learning environment creates opportunities for exploration and discovery. Our mission is to promote the media arts as a mode of personal expression, as well as a viable professional career option.
- DeSales University Summer Theatre Institute Working with DSU faculty and professional actors from the PA Shakespeare Festival stage, Summer Theatre Institute students experience what it’s like to attend a college theatre program, and gain skills and connections that will serve them as they prepare for college auditions and a career in the industry beyond graduation.
- Bucknell Academy Summer Experience (BASE) This is a hands-on learning experience designed to challenge your thought processes while providing exposure to college-level work.
- World Strides Veterinary Academy All of the Veterinary Academy programs offer endless possibilities to explore. You can care for stray dogs in Costa Rica, contribute to wildlife conservation efforts in Belize, connect with the public about the importance of habitat preservation at the Texas Zoo, or spend your spring break studying coral reefs.
- UArts Pre-College Summer Institute is a set of dynamic programs for students in grades 10-12, through which you’ll earn three college credits and gain foundational skills and college-level training while working with expert visual, writing, and performing arts faculty.
- SCAD Pre-College Programs Connect with creatives from around the world at SCAD Summer Seminars, Rising Star, or Joint Enrollment Programs.
- Enrichment Alley http://enrichmentalley.com/
- YMCA of the Upper Main Line-Education & Leadership
- Sumer Research Opportunities
- Lehigh University PA School for Entrepreneurship
- https://www.cwds.state.pa.us – PA Career Link
- http://www.myfirstpaycheck.com/ -Jobs for Teens
- http://www.myfuture.com/ – Department of Defense Careers (Also Careers in Commerce, Education, and Labor Departments)
Through volunteering, older children and teens become empowered and learn that they can make a difference and that they can be a part of impacting our community’s future.
- Youth Volunteer Corps of Reading: https://www.voiceupberks.org/yvc
- Animal Rescue League of Berks County: http://www.berksarl.org/
- Humane Pennsylvania: https://humanepa.org/donate/volunteer/
- Helping Harvest Fresh Food Bank: https://helpingharvest.org/volunteer/
- American Red Cross of Southeastern PA: http://berks.redcross.org/index.php?pr=Vol_FAQ
- Berks County Parks & Recreation: https://www.countyofberks.com/departments/parks-and-recreation/volunteer-at-the-parks
- Lincoln Park Swimming Association: http://www.lppool.org/
- Reading Hospital Summer Junior Volunteer Program: https://towerhealth.org/locations/reading-hospital/volunteers/summer-junior-volunteer-program-2024
- United Way of Berks County: https://www.uwberks.org/volunteer/