Welcome to the Wilson High School I-STEM Department!
(Integrated Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics)
I-STEM students work hard, have pride in his or her work, and have fun while doing so!
I-STEM Student Problem Solving Skills:
- Identify a problem that is worthy of investigating.
- Clearly articulate purpose/goal of any problem/challenge/scenario.
- Collect, synthesize, and present background information from credible sources pertaining to any problem/challenge/scenario.
- Design experiment(s) that clearly identify independent, dependent, and controlled variables within criteria and constraints.
- Create a functional prototype aimed at solving the problem.Observe and communicate results
- including testing data in both a numerical and graphical form.
- Analytically discuss project shortcomings, successes, and future design.