Berks Career and Technology Center
BCTC APPLICATION PROCESS
Instructions for BCTC Student applications:
Last day to submit new applications or have students move from one program to another is September 15, 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year.
2022-2023 Application will be available starting October 15, 2021
- Go to BerksCareer.com/Students/High School Application & Admissions (direct link: https://www.berkscareer.com/site/Default.aspx?PageID=26), choose school district, complete the BCTC application, and submit. If the student application does not come up, please refresh the page. BCTC 1 * Each application can be linked directly and included on your district website or counseling page (direct link: https://ctcportal.csiu-technology.org/BerksCTC/Form/Entry/BCTCApplicationV25/Wilson/2021-2022#false)
Download and print two (2)BCTC Teacher Recommendation Forms (see attached) and send them to your teachers. Once finished, your teachers should send the completed recommendation form to your District School Counselor.
Important Note to Student: Students applying to Medical Health Professions must provide a letter of reference from a science teacher and School Counselor instead of the two (2) teacher recommendations.
- Complete the application essay (see attached). Be sure to type your responses and send it to your District School Counselor. Your application will not be considered complete until the essay is turned in. * Exception: Ninth Grade Early Admissions and Service Occupations applicants do not need to complete an essay, as an interview will be scheduled.
- Complete the BCTC Admissions Agreement (see attached) with your parent/guardian. Submit the BCTC Admissions Agreement, with your essay and teacher recommendations to your District School Counselor.
- Please remember to complete your two (2) teacher recommendation forms, application essay, and admissions agreement. Your application will not be reviewed until all documents are received by your District School Counselor. Wilson High School counselor will email this information and supporting documents to the BCTCApps@berkscareer.com email.
- Wilson High School Counselor Portal for BCTC (Your High School’s 4-digit PDE code is 6980.)
- BCTC Counselor Cover sheet
- BCTC Paper application(only use if online one is not available)
Students apply for enrollment at BCTC through their school counselor. All student applications are sent to the BCTC where candidates from throughout the county are chosen. Each student application is reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Student Interest — The thoroughness of the application is viewed as a measure of the interest of the student applicant. Special attention is paid to what research was done to find information about the career area to which a student is applying.
- Teacher Evaluation — Students may request evaluations from junior or senior high school teachers of their choice.
- Counselor Recommendation
- School Citizenship —Student behavior and attitudes are noted.
- Attendance — Students should have strong patterns of school attendance. Attendance is reviewed for patterns over a 3-year period.
- Grades — While grades are important, they are not the most critical item. Grades are reviewed over a 3-year period.
- Aptitude — Does the student possess the potential to be successful in the field?
- Health — While not restricting a student’s selection, health concerns are a necessary consideration. Conditions such as color blindness, fear of heights, etc., will affect success in certain programs.
Students who are selected will attend one of the career-technical centers on a half-day basis. All Wilson students are assigned to the PM session BCTC offerings. BCTC Students will be expected to attend their sessions at the BCTC even if the classes at Wilson are not in session. Normal transportation will be provided.
BCTC Continued Education
- Continuing Education questions for High School Students
- BCTC’s Future Ready Program
- Contact Information:
- Stacey Campbell (East Campus) ~ email@example.com
- Chris (Christine) Devine Admission and Enrollment ~ firstname.lastname@example.org 610-378-4884 X4322
- Elizabeth Heffner (West Campus) ~ ESHeffner@berkscareer.com – Maternity Leave 2021-2022 (Long Term Sub is Christopher Bard and his email is email@example.com)
- Christine Devine (West While Mrs. Heffner is out) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nan Parks, Career Pathways Outreach Coordinator, West Campus~ NEParks@berkscareer.com
- Phil Harris is happily returning to his role as Work-Based Education Coordinator