Berks Career and Technology Center
Instructions for BCTC Student applications:
BCTC Applications for 2024-2025 School year 1st round application deadline is Friday, Dec. 15. All Materials must be received by this date. Please get your materials to your High School counselor a few days before this date.
- Go to BerksCareer.com/Students/High School Application & Admissions (direct link) and submit. If the student application does not come up, please refresh the page. BCTC 1
Download and print two (2)BCTC Teacher RecommendationForms (see attached) and send them to your teachers. Once finished, your teachers should send the completed recommendation form to your District School Counselor.
Important Note to Student: Students applying to Medical Health Professions must provide a letter of reference from a science teacher and School Counselor instead of the two (2) teacher recommendations.
- Complete the application essay (see attached). Be sure to type your responses and send it to your District School Counselor. Your application will not be considered complete until the essay is turned in. * Exception: Ninth Grade Early Admissions and Service Occupations applicants do not need to complete an essay, as an interview will be scheduled.
- Complete the BCTC Admissions AgreementBCTC Admissions Agreement (see attached) with your parent/guardian. Submit the BCTC Admissions Agreement, with your essay and teacher recommendations to your District School Counselor.
- Please remember to complete your two (2) teacher recommendation forms, application essay, and admissions agreement. Your application will not be reviewed until all documents are received by your District School Counselor. Wilson High School counselor will email this information and supporting documents to the BCTCApps@berkscareer.com email.
- Wilson High School Counselor Portal for BCTC (Your High School’s 4-digit PDE code is 6980.)
- BCTC Counselor Cover sheet
- BCTC Paper application(only use if online one is not available)
- BCTC Counselor form for Move-ins
- Counselors, After you complete the applications and have gathered the required documents you can either mail or deliver them to BCTC East or West Campus or email them to BCTCApps@berkscareer.com *Please note, if emailing documents, please save files as PDFs and use the following naming convention: FirstName_LastName2023 (ex. John_Doe2024.pdf)
Students apply for enrollment at BCTC through their school counselor. All student applications are sent to the BCTC where candidates from throughout the county are chosen. Each student application is reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Student Interest — The thoroughness of the application is viewed as a measure of the interest of the student applicant. Special attention is paid to what research was done to find information about the career area to which a student is applying.
- Teacher Evaluation — Students may request evaluations from junior or senior high school teachers of their choice.
- Counselor Recommendation
- School Citizenship —Student behavior and attitudes are noted.
- Attendance — Students should have strong patterns of school attendance. Attendance is reviewed for patterns over a 3-year period.
- Grades — While grades are important, they are not the most critical item. Grades are reviewed over a 3-year period.
- Aptitude — Does the student possess the potential to be successful in the field?
- Health — While not restricting a student’s selection, health concerns are a necessary consideration. Conditions such as color blindness, fear of heights, etc., will affect success in certain programs.
Students who are selected will attend one of the career-technical centers on a half-day basis. All Wilson students are assigned to the PM session BCTC offerings. BCTC Students will be expected to attend their sessions at the BCTC even if the classes at Wilson are not in session. Normal transportation will be provided.
BCTC Continued Education
- Continuing Education questions for High School Students
- Contact Information:
- Lindsay Carlson (East Campus) ~ LSCarlson@berkscareer.com
- Chris (Christine) Devine Admission and Enrollment ~ email@example.com 610-378-4884 X4322
- Christopher Bard (West Campus) – firstname.lastname@example.org) 610-374-4073 Ext. 4321
- Nan Parks, Career Pathways Outreach Coordinator, West Campus~ NEParks@berkscareer.com
- Phil Harris is happily returning to his role as Work-Based Education Coordinator