Phone: 1-866-337-0080, option 2.
What is Naviance?
Naviance is the system that students should be using to electronically request teacher letters of recommendation. You can submit your letters of recommendation to most colleges via Naviance once the student has requested them in Naviance.
Naviance now requires a Naviance ID
What is a Naviance ID?
Naviance ID is a new way to log into the Naviance Application. It’s a simple combination of your email address and password. It should not be shared with anyone.
Here are reminders and instructions
The website for teachers to log on is https://id.naviance.com/
Once individual user accounts are established within Naviance a user has the ability to update their first and last name, email address, username, and password information provided the My Account permissions are enabled.
This error indicates that a verification of your email is needed.Please check your email for the verification link. (If you cannot find the link, Please contact NAVIANCE SUPPORT SERVICES)
” It keeps saying I have the wrong email/ password” and you do not have a NAVIANCE ID :
This indicates that a password reset is needed on the
1. Please reset your password from succeed.naviance.com
-click ” I forgot my password”
– enter your account name WILHS and user name
– check your email for the reset link
– enter the three fields EXACTLY the way they appear in your email (Account name, User name, Temporary password)
– DO NOT copy and paste the password. It WILL NOT allow you to proceed
2. Once you get past the initial log in page , please re-enter your provided credentials.
(please DO NOT copy and paste the password)
3. You will be asked to create a new password.
– enter the account name, user name and temporary password (DO NOT copy and paste),
-enter the new password for activation of your NAVIANCE ID:
*new password which must be 10 character long and must 3 of the following 4 criteria: lower case, upper case, number, special character
4. When you receive the SUCCESS! screen, please check you email immediately following for the verification email
5. Confirm your email with the verification link
From this point only log in with your Naviance ID ( I suggest that you bookmark the new login page)
” I am locked out … wrong password or email (user already has a Naviance ID)
This indicates that you must contact NAVIANCE SUPPORT to unlock your account, update your email, or verify your account.
If you forgot your password for NAVIANCE ID, simply click the password reset link located on the NAVIANCE ID log in page (this log in page only requires email and password to access your account.)
To edit user account information
- Go to Setup > My Account
- Click Edit my profile
- Edit the desired information
- Click Save to confirm edits done to user profile
To change password
- Go to Setup > My Account
- Click Change my Password
- Enter in old password, type new password and confirm new password
- Click Change Password
- Naviance Teacher Quick Guide
- Naviance EDoc Teacher Presentation
- As a side note, student also can access Naviance Test Prep in Naviance. We subscribe to the Sat Prep program for them. For students, this is a FREE SAT Prep program. All 9-12 WHS students, have access to this in their Naviance account.
Best Practices for Letters of Recommendations
Please refer to the Help Library for tutorials on the new process. Additional videos and supporting articles will be released to support September’s enhancements.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS INFORMATION BELOW
AS IT APPLIES TO THE COLLEGE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Please submit your online college application before requesting transcripts.
- No transcripts will be sent until you first meet with your counselor for your first request. Request an appointment with your counselor
- You must give us at least a TWO week notice (during school hours/days) to send your transcripts.
- To request your transcripts, you must fill out the google form
- If you need a teacher letter of recommendation, please talk to your teacher in person first and then add the request to Naviance under the “colleges I am applying to tab” (on left).
- If you NEED A COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATION, you must schedule a meeting with your counselor. You can request an appointment here: https://goo.gl/OY1V1Q. On average, counselors require at least a THREE week notice to write a letter of recommendation.
- All Common Application schools require a counselor recommendation form and letter of recommendation, so please follow the step above.
- Watch “Common App Matching” with Naviance Accounts on @Vimeo
- Teacher names are not showing up in alpha range when students are trying to request you.
- Teachers are getting booted out of the system when they are trying to upload a student letter or recommendation. The case number in Naviance is 02855868. Thanks Mr. Early for starting this case with Naviance.
- They gave us a trick to attempt to fix this. Julia and I went into every teacher’s account to try to fix this and it worked for most of you. If you are still having issues, please do the following…
- Try using another browser
- Try Clearing your Cookies or Cache
- Contact me if you are still having issues or feel free to contact Naviance at 1-866-337-0080 with the case number 02855868.
- You can not see your students in your account that have requested a recommendation from you.
The case number with Naviance for this is 02859434
- Go to the Right of your screen to search students
- Click on the magnifying glass
- Start typing in the student’s nam
- find the student
- click on EDocs
- Click on prepare