Wilson High School Honors Internship Program
The purpose of this course is to provide a practical introduction to the professional work environment through direct contact with professionals in the community. Students will participate in a workplace experience, in regularly scheduled meetings with the supervising teacher, and in semester presentations. Internships may be paid or unpaid. Internships can be tailored to the unique needs and interests of the learner. A learning agreement outlines the expectations of all parties: the student, parent, supervising teacher, employer, and school. Internship can serve as the Capstone course for many of Wilson’s Academies.
It is recommended that this course be an honors level course. Internships will provide the highest level of learning via real world experience in professional settings.
Course credit is determined by the number of hours that a student works at the internship.
- 1.0 Credit – A minimum of 160 hours of internship experience
- .75 Credit – A minimum of 120 hours of internship experience
- .5 Credit – A minimum of 80 hours of internship experience
- .25 Credit – A minimum of 40 hours of internship experience
We believe that 40 hours is the minimum number of hours to provide a valuable learning experience. Hours were based on 45 days during a quarter.
Honors Internship Documents
- Honors Internship Application
- All students are required to complete the attached form in order to apply for admission into the Honor Internship Program.
- Honors Internship Student Contract
- Honors Internship Parent Permission Form
- Honors Internship Grading
- Honors Internship Grade Form for Businesses
- Honors Internship Semester Presentation Form
- Mrs. Wagner’s Honors Internship Page
- Department of Technology Honors Internship Page