Wilson High School Internship Program
The purpose of this course is to provide a practical introduction to a work environment through direct contact with professionals in the community. Students will participate in a workplace experience, in regularly scheduled meetings with the supervising teacher, and in semester presentations. Internships may be paid or unpaid. Internships can be tailored to the unique needs and interests of the learner. A learning agreement outlines the expectations of all parties: the student, parent, supervising teacher, employer, and school. Internship can serve as the Capstone course for many of Wilson’s Academies.
Internships will provide the highest level of learning via real world experience in professional settings. Honors credits will be based on academic expectations set by the internship coordinators.
Course credit is determined by the number of hours that a student works at the internship.
- 1.0 Credit – A minimum of 160 hours of internship experience
- 0.5 Credit – A minimum of 80 hours of internship experience
Internship Documents for Students/Parents
- 2024-2025 Internship Interest Form
- Please complete between December 2023 and February 1, 2024
- Internship: Key Points
- Steps to Independently Find an Internship
- Internship Overview Pamphlet: Page 1 and Page 2
- Internship Slide Presentation
- Department of Technology Honors Internship Page
Internship Documents for Businesses