Facts about Healthy Relationships: What you need to know!
- Healthy relationships are fun and make you feel good about yourself! Unhealthy relationships make you feel sad, angry, scared and worried!!!!!!
- The most important part of any healthy relationship between two people is being able to talk and listen to one another!!! You should be able to trust that the other person will be there to listen and support you!!!!
- You should feel safe around the other person and feel you can trust him/her with your secrets!!!!!!
- There is equal give and take in healthy relationships!!!! If you are giving the other person more attention than they give you and are always the one making the effort to make plans or talk, then it is not equal give and take!!!!!!
- You should be able to disagree with that person!!!! If they get mad at you for not wanting to do what they want to do or for having your own opinion-it may not be a healthy relationship!!!!!!!
- People who care about you do not pressure you to do something you feel uncomfortable doing!!!!
- Signs of unhealthy relationships include jealousy and possessiveness, controlling behavior, trying to isolate you from friends or family, verbal abuse and criticism, or any other abuse!!!!!
- Unhealthy relationships are not always easy to deal with but you deserve to feel good about yourself, make your own decisions, and be respected!!!!!!
If you need any help dealing with an unhealthy relationship, are worried you might have a problem, are concerned about a friend, or have any other questions, feel free to stop by the Guidance Office and talk your counselor or talk to another adult you can trust!!!!!!!
Fun Events for February
- Floyd, Beatles and Led Zepplin Laser Show at the Planetarium at the Reading Museum, Fridays at 7, 8, & 9 p.m!
- Star Shows every Sunday at the Planetarium-1,2,3&4p.m!!!!
- Karaoke at Applebees in Wyomissing every Tuesday at 9 p.m!!!!!
- Live Music at Hard Bean Café in Hamburg, every Friday from 7-9 p.m!!!!
- Chicago, the musical, on 2/6 at 7:30 p.m at the Sovereign Performing Arts Center!!!!!!!!
- Valentine’s Day Dance on 2/15 at 7 p.m!!!!
- Go to Ozzie’s Fun Center in Leesport for rock climbing, roller skating, and laser tag
- Check Wilson’s Calendar for all sporting events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!