Naviance Family Connection
Login to Naviance
Naviance Teacher Link
What is Naviance?
Naviance is a college and career readiness platform that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
Who am I?
- Gallup research has shown that students grow when they focus on what they do best rather than trying to improve on weaknesses. That’s the premise behind StrengthsExplorer,
the Gallup strengths-based assessment in Naviance.
- Do what you are? Using personality type assessment helps students identify their natural tendencies. They gain confidence and greater self-awareness as well as insight that helps them make better decisions and take advantage of their innate strengths.
- The Learning Style Inventory is based on the idea that people prefer to work and learn differently from one another. Research shows that knowing and adjusting to your learning and productivity preferences can help make learning easier and more enjoyable.
Learn from Leaders (http://roadtripnation.com/)
- Road Trip Nation Interview Archives: Features over 3,500 video interviews with individuals who have forged through challenges to accomplish unique goals. These leaders candidly discuss hardships, successes and the obstacles they overcame to create a meaningful life on their own terms.
MI Advantage (MI Advantage™ 2.0 Report example)
- Multiple Intelligence is the ability to solve problems to create ideas and things that are valued in the current culture. A person’s intelligence can vary over different areas such as science, art. athletics, and social interactions. Research indicates that there are many unique areas of intelligence, and the measure of all these intelligences in a person is his or her multiple intelligence profile.
What do I want to be?
Discover careers based on interests
- The Career Cluster Finder (Career Cluster Example Results) is a simple assessment that helps a student discover which career cluster may be a good match based on activities that interest him or her, personal qualities the student has and subjects the student enjoys in school. The results of the assessment include the top three clusters the student is matched with and a ranking of all clusters with a percentage match for the student.
Connect careers to Holland Interest Codes
- Career Interest Profiler (Career Interest Profiler Example Report) is an online career interest assessment for students based on Holland’s interest codes. The results of the assessment include that student’s strongest field of interest with definitions of all the Holland interest codes. Students can view matching careers and career clusters organized by the amount of preparation each needs.
The Career Key assessment (example report) integrates with the six Holland personality types. It matches users to careers, majors, training programs and much more. In this career interest inventory, individuals learn about themselves and identify promising careers and college majors that match their personality and interests. It helps them understand the theory underlying the measure, and it suggests further actions they can take to make a good career decision.
Set goals and track progress
- Family Connection is a customizable planning portal for students and families including self-discovery assessments, goal-setting, college research tools, course planning, career exploration resources, and individual learning plans.
College & Career Preparation
Will I be successful?
Research colleges and find scholarships
Increase college knowledge
How will I get there?
- Develop personalized learning plans
- Increase course rigor
- Review recommended plans of study
Naviance Grade Specific Presentations
- Fall Junior Counseling Naviance Presentation 2020-2021
- Fall Sophomore Naviance Counseling Presentation 2020-2021
- Fall Freshmen Naviance Presentation 2020-2021
- Junior Spring Naviance EDoc Counseling Presentation
- Senior College Admissions and Post Secondary Plan Session
- Teacher Naviance EDoc Presentation