Hello Parents/Guardians of incoming 9th grade students for the class of 2027!
We are very excited that your child will be attending Wilson High School and we look forward to meeting your
student at Orientation Day on Tuesday, August 22, 2023; time is 10 am – 1 pm, starting location is HS AUD
lobby. This is Wilson’s 9th year participating in the Freshmen Mentor/Link Crew Program, an organization whose
sole purpose is to help freshmen feel more comfortable as well as help them achieve success in their first year of
The freshmen orientation and transition program is designed to both welcome and support freshmen by
assigning them a Junior or Senior Freshmen Mentor/Link Leader as a mentor during this first year. This Mentor is
a responsible older student who was hand selected from a large pool of applicants and has met the qualifications
of being a good role model and a positive leader on our campus.
Following is some information to let you know what you and your student can expect in advance of their first day
1) Your child can expect to receive an invitation to Freshman Orientation Day in the mail at the end of July
or middle of August.
2) A day before orientation your child will also be contacted by their Freshmen Mentor/Link Crew Leader
personally inviting your student to orientation day and giving the details of where to be and when.
3) Because the day is active, please make sure that your child wears comfortable clothing that does not
4) At the end of Freshmen Orientation there will be a Club Fair.
5) At the end of Freshmen Orientation, 9th graders can exchange their chromebooks for the update one.
This is a student only function so we encourage you to let your child attend on her or his own. We are looking
forward to meeting you, the parent(s)/guardian(s) at the Open House evening after the school year begins. If
your child requires any accommodations or assistance, please contact us.
We look forward to meeting your child on orientation day (Tuesday, August 22nd, 2023; time is 10 am – 1 pm!
The Freshmen Mentor/Link Crew Coordinators,
The WHS Freshmen Mentor/Link Crew Coordinators
Ms. Rebekah Marconi and Mrs. Erin Stramara
(610) 670-0180 X 4730 or X5138