Welcome to Fourth Grade at Spring Ridge!
You can except that your fourth grader will have homework almost every day. Math homework is given almost each day and frequently on weekends. There will be several long-term projects assigned this year. Students will receive a rubric so they know exactly what is expected.
Parents as Supporters
- Encourage your child to establish a location in your home where items can readily be picked up to carry to school in the morning.
- Consider establishing a homework “routine.”
- Encourage responsibility.
- Check your child’s homework folder and assignment book daily.
- Students need to follow the rules of the Wilson School District and the classroom Code of Conduct.
- Maintain an assignment book daily.
- Bring necessary items for the day: assignment book, homework, sneakers on gym day, musical instrument, etc.
- Choose a buddy to tell you what you missed while you were out of the classroom.
- Take home and show parents home-school correspondence.
Assessment and Grades
Students are assessed and evaluated in a variety of ways: written quizzes/tests, rubrics, class participation and effort, oral/written reports, projects, teacher observations, and homework. Occasionally “pop quizzes” are administered.
- Report card grades are given in the form of 4, 3, 2, 1.
- Notices of test dates are given three or more school days in advance.
We attempt to provide a learning environment in which there is a positive approach to discipline. Students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own actions, as well as demonstrate mutual respect and caring for all. One method of accomplishing this is by conducting weekly class meetings, during which students share their concerns and develop problem solving skills.