Now is a great time to check your clearances in the office with Mrs. Bonargo or complete new clearances for the upcoming school year. Ensuring your current clearances are on record and in good order allows you the opportunity to volunteer at school, chaperone a trip, or report for duty as a WatchD.O.G.S. dad. Check the “Important Upcoming Dates…” announcement on the CT website or the CT Google calendar to find the dates of trips as they are scheduled for the upcoming year. Some of those trips are scheduled in October, so it’s important to make certain your clearances are ready to go.
Please follow the “Volunteer / Clearances” quicklink on our website to learn….
- What clearances are
- Activities that REQUIRE clearances/paperwork and which clearances need to be submitted
- Activites that DO NOT require clearances/paperwork
- How often you are required to submit new clearances
- The cost to request clearances
- What to do if your clearances don’t return on time
- What clearances/paperwork you must complete
Each Background Check is valid for up to 5 years from the date of the request. This date is listed on each request. If you have current clearances from another organization or your employer, you do not need to fill out additional requests, only bring copies of your clearances to the office.
If you need to check to see if your clearances are all on file with the Wilson School District, you may speak with Tammy Bonargo in the CT Office at x1710. Pamela VanOstenbridge, the Program Coordinator, is available to help you during the school year and can be reached at x4219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some tools and resources other CT families have found helpful:
- Click here to access a worksheet to help record and track your information needed to access your clearances.
- Click here to watch a video on how to complete the Act 34 PA Access to Criminal Background Check.
- Click here to start the process for the FBI Criminal Background Check (Fingerprinting) if you are not eligible to complete the volunteer affidavit.
- Service Code “1Kg6XN“