What is WATCHD.O.G.S.?
WATCH D.O.G.S. is one of the nation’s largest and most respected school-based, family, and community engagement, organizations in the country. Since the program’s creation in 1998, more than 6,450 schools across the country have launched a WATCH D.O.G.S. program of their own. Each school year hundreds of thousands of fathers and father-figures make a positive impact on millions of children by volunteering millions of hours in their local schools through this amazing one-of-a-kind program. Who are WATCH D.O.G.S.? Fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father figures who volunteer to serve at least one day a year in a variety of school activities as assigned by the school principal or other administrator.
What does a day in the life of a WATCH D.O.G.S. look like?
Click below to view sample schedules for WatchD.O.G.S. duty at Cornwall Terrace Elementary:
What do I need to do to participate as a volunteer in our district?
- Read School Board Policy 916/Volunteers, complete pol 916 Attach1.pdf, Wilson SD Volunteer Acknowledgement form, and submit to the CT Office
- Read School Board Policy 806/Child Abuse
- Complete and submit clearances to the CT Office. Use this worksheet to record/track information needed to access your clearances.
- Act 34 – PA Access to Criminal Background Check (ePATCH)
- Act 151 – PA Child Abuse Background Check (Compass)
- Act 114 – FBI Criminal Background Check (Fingerprinting)
- Service Code “1Kg6XN“
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All volunteers are now required to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting to volunteer in Pennsylvania PDE-School Districts. Updated 1/1/2021.
What additional steps do I need to take to volunteer as a WatchD.O.G.S.?
- Complete and submit the WatchDOGS Duty Request – Cornwall Terrace Elementary Google form to schedule a date
- Send an email to Mrs. VanOstenbridge at email@example.com to let her know you submitted your request, ask questions, or share any additional information.