Over the last cycle, Mrs. Hoofnagle and a district school bus driver teamed up to teach all the students about bus safety and expected bus behaviors. We hope that your child has come home and told you about getting on a school bus during Social Skills class!
If you have a student who rides that bus, please take a moment to become familiar with the district rules for riding a school bus. Each bus riding student is now aware and has signed a copy of the rules. By conducting this lesson, we hope to see an improvement in bus behavior.
Thank you so much for supporting our drivers!
WILSON SCHOOL DISTRICT BUS SAFETY RULES
1. Follow the driver’s direction the first time it is given.
(The driver is in charge of the bus and the students
2. Board and exit the bus only at your assigned bus stop and in an orderly manner. (Wait for the bus to stop COMPLETELY).
3. Be seated immediately and remain seated while on the bus. (back to back – seat to seat)
4. Keep the aisle clear. Keep your belongings on your lap. All personal items should remain in backpacks. (large items, glass objects, living creatures, items that may be hazardous to students, etc. are not permitted on the bus, also large musical instruments are not permitted on the bus if they don’t fit on your lap with your backpack).
5. Talk quietly to those next to you. Use acceptable language. Do not put anyone down or use rude gestures.
6. Due to choking potential, DO NOT EAT OR DRINK. (Nothing in the mouth including gum) Keep the bus clean. (All trash picked up)
7. Follow ALL SCHOOL RULES. (Examples: no fighting, no vandalism, no harassment/verbal abuse, no use/possession of tobacco products on the bus, etc.)
8. Use the same conduct as IN THE CLASSROOM!
THE BUS RIDE IS A PRIVILEGE