Welcome to the Green Valley Counseling Department!
- Green Valley Elementary
- School Counseling
- 610-670-0180 x4650
Welcome to the school counseling program at Green Valley Elementary School! I love being a part of this wonderful school community, and am involved in many activities in the counseling office and throughout the building.
- Individual Counseling: Children meet with the counselor on an as-needed basis. Any student may request to meet with the counselor to discuss concerns about school, family, or friends. Teachers, parents, and staff may also request that the counselor meet with children.
- Small Group Counseling: Groups of 4-6 children meet on an as-needed basis. Together, the small groups may explore issues with friendship, social skills, anger management, or families in transition. The groups provide support, and are a great way for kids to help each other and to realize they are not alone.
- Crisis Counseling: As the need arises.
Special Education permission to evaluate form
I often consult with teachers and parents to plan for how to help students succeed. At times, contact is made with outside agencies to coordinate services for students. These conversations, like my work with the students, are confidential, and sometimes require a signed release form.
- administration of developmental assessments
- liaison to special education department
- guide for parents in the stages of the evaluation process
- resource for parents in need of assistance
- referral to outside agencies when appropriate
- and many more!
Information shared in the counseling program is private and will not be made available to other students and families. General information may be shared with involved parties. Confidentiality may be breached if a threat to someone’s health or safety exists, if property is being damaged or destroyed, or if court-ordered.
For more information on the district’s counseling department, click here.