Snow Make Up Day, Monday February 20.
School is in session.
Monitorial Aide Sub Openings!
Would you like to be a monitorial aide at GV recess and lunch?
We are in need of substitute monitorial aides.
Days and shifts are flexible depending on needs.
Monitorial Aides work Monday through Friday in two shifts;
10:45am -12:45pm or 11:00am - 1:00pm.
For more information, contact Ellen Adams:
firstname.lastname@example.org 610-670-0180 ext. 3409.
We received this acknowledgment letter from The Salvation Army for our participation in the Angel Tree program. Thank you to Mrs. Kairis and Mrs. Keiser for organizing this event.
GV “Souper” Bowl Fundraiser
Our canned food drive to benefit the Greater Berks Food Bank was a super success. Students placed a canned good donation in their winning Super Bowl team's container. Here are the results. Did your team win?
* * * * * *
Wilson School District
Snow & Other Inclement
As snow or other inclement weather situations arise that may affect the school day, Superintendent Curt Baker will be in touch with our Transportation Coordinator and Director of Plant Management, as well as surrounding district Superintendents. He will make a decision based on the information presented to him at the time that the call must be made for the purposes of maintaining student and employee safety.
This message sets forth the ways in which the Wilson School District will post information related to school closings, delays, and early dismissals for snow or other inclement weather.
PHONE (outgoing call)
A phone message will go out to all families and staff members from Superintendent Baker.
**Please Note** Morning closing/delay calls are defaulted to go to primary and cell phone numbers in the Family Access system. Parents have the ability to change phone numbers and to opt in or out of school closing/delay phone calls. Please visit the Skylert tab in Family Access
to make any necessary changes.
PHONE (incoming call)
Call the main district number (610-670-0180
), and we will have a greeting with the district status.
The status message will be posted on the main district home page.
An email will be sent to all staff and parents who are signed up to receive the Bulldog Blitz on a weekly basis.
WFMZ Channel 69 and
WGAL Channel 8 (for staff in Lancaster County)
Wilson Child Care Hotline
Dial 610-670-0180 x4900
to hear an update on how any school day changes will affect Wilson Child Care participants. Also, please click here
for the WCC policy for providing care in the event of inclement weather.
Please note: In Easton, PA (Northampton County), there is a Wilson AREA School District. We are Wilson School District. Sometimes we will be listed as Wilson-West Lawn. Please pay close attention to the name that you are seeing on the screen if you choose to watch the TV station for notification.
This information can also be found on the
- 20 - President's Day
- School is in session. Snow Make Up day.
- 20 - Girl Scouts Meet 3:30-4:30pm GV flex room.
- 20 - Fitness for Fun Club with Mr. Thompson begins - Monday through Thursday - 3:30pm - 4:15pm
- 22 - Washington's Birthday
- 27 - Cat in the Hat Day - wear your favorite hat.
- 28 - Spring Picture Day
- 28 - Fox in Socks day - Wear CRAZY SOCKS
- 28 - Jump Rope for Heart donations due
♥ Jump Rope for Heart Week ♥
(Students will participate during regular PE classes.)
Girls on the Run begins - Monday and Wednesday 3:30pm - 4:50pm
- 1 - Wacky Wednesday - dress mismatched, inside - out, backwards
- 2 - Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! - Wear red, white, or any Dr. Seuss Gear!
- 3 - Green Eggs and Ham day - Wear something GREEN!
- 6 - Girl Scouts Meet - 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm - G.V. Flex Room
- 7 - GVHSA Meeting - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm G.V. Library
- 11 - GVHSA - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm / Snow Date: Sunday, 3/12
- 12 - Daylight Saving Time Begins - Spring Forward
- 16 - Grade 1 - Field Trip
- 17 - St. Patrick's Day
- 17 - GVHSA Philly Pretzel Fundraiser - 1:00 pm
- 20 - Girl Scouts Meet - 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm - GV Flex Room
- 28 - Possible End of 3rd Quarter
- 29 - Early Dismissal - 11:45 am - no lunch service
PSSA TESTING BEGINS:
English/Language Arts -Grades 3-5 - April 3 - April 7
Math - Grades 3-5 - April 24 - April 28
Science - Grade 4 - May 1 - May 5
PSSA GENERAL INFORMATION
The PSSA, or the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment, is administered in all Pennsylvania public schools in grade 3, 4, and 5. It measures student achievement in Math, Reading, and Science (grade 4 only). We use this data as one of many factors to drive classroom instruction, interventions, and curricular reviews. We will continue to design extraordinary learning experiences for our students, empower them with test taking strategies and reinforce that this is an opportunity to show what they know and encourage them to try their best.
You can help by:
√ Talking to your child about the importance of doing well and expressing your confidence in his/her ability.
√ Encouraging your child to do well, since the test will become part of his/her permanent record.
√ Making sure your child arrives at school on time. Avoid scheduling appointments during testing period dates.
√ Trying to keep things at home as calm and pleasant as possible in order to avoid creating anxiety.
√ Making sure your child has a good night's sleep and a healthy breakfast on testing days.
√ Having your child wear comfortable clothing - in layers - in case the room is too hot or too cold.
Click Here: Important Information for Parents and Guardians
- 3-5 - ELA PSSA testing for Grades 3-5
- 3 - Girl Scouts Meet - 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm - GV Flex Room
- 4 - Grade 2 Field Trip
- There will be no GVHSA meeting this month due to PSSA testing.
- 14 -Spring Begins
- 14 - No School- Spring Break
- 17 - No School Spring Break
- 24-28 - Math PSSA testing for Grades 3-5
- 28 - Arbor Day -
- 29 - Earth Day!
2017 READING CHALLENGE MONTH!
Reading Challenge Timeline:
May 1 - GV's 2017 Reading Challenge begins.
Read and log time and/or pages completed.
May 23 - Reading Challenge logs are due.
May 25 - GV Reading Challenge totals revealed during a Celebration of reading!
- 1-5 - Science PSSA testing for Grade 4
- 1 - Reading Challenge begins
- 1 - Girl Scouts Meet - 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm - GV Flex Room
- 2 - GVHSA Meeting - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - GV Library (Budget Meeting)
- 8-12 - PSSA Make-Up testing
- 11 - Student Showcase Night:
- Highlighting the Arts and Sciences at Green Valley! 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- 12 - Green Valley Kindergarten Registration -
- The morning session begins at 9:30am and the afternoon session begins at 1:30pm
- 14 - Mother's Day
- 15 - Girl Scouts Meet - 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm - GV Flex Room
- 18 - GV - Spring Concert (Chorus, Band, Orchestra) - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Wilson High School Auditorium
- 19 - GVHSA Philly Pretzel Fundraiser - 1:00 pm
- 22 - Grade 3 Field Trip - Miss Bambrick and Miss Bauer's classes
- 23 - Reading Challenge logs due
- 25 - Reading Challenge Celebration!
- 26 - Early Dismissal 11:45 am - No Lunch Service
- 29 - No School - Memorial Day Holiday
- 30 - Grade 3 Field Trip - Mrs. Gibney and Mrs. Dusko's classes
- 31 - Reading Challenge Celebration Raindate.
- 1 - Red and White Day
- 5 - 5th Grade Moving-Up Ceremony. 4:00pm
- 6 - 5th Grade Pool Party
- 7 - 5th Grade Pool Party rain date.
- 9 - Last Day for Students - Early Dismissal 11:45 am - No Lunch Service