The High School will be offering the PSAT (or the Preliminary SAT) on three dates: October 14th, October 29th and January 26th (each student may only take the test once per school year — please see important notes at the bottom) for 10th and 11th grade students. The PSAT provides the best practice and the most useful tools in preparation for the SAT, which is the standardized test for getting into college. Some of the benefits include: a detailed online score report, individualized Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, and scholarship opportunities for 11th grade students.
The testing information for the PSATs for all three dates:
|PSAT/NMSQT Date||Deadline to Register||Notes||Available Seats|
|October 14, 2020||October 7, 2020||Juniors receive priority testing if registered by October 7. “B” day.||125 students|
|October 29, 2020||October 23, 2020||Juniors receive priority testing if registered by October 7. “B” day.||125 students|
|January 26, 2021||January 20, 2021||Primary Sophomore testing date and Junior makeups. “B” day.||125 students|
Where: Wilson High SchoolLength of Test: 8:00AM-12:00pm (approximate)
How: Sign ups in the Upper House Counseling Office
Payment: Cash, Check, or Money Order made payable to: “Wilson School District”
- Due to social distancing guidelines, each test date will be limited to approximately 125 students. Juniors will receive priority for October testing if they register for either of the October dates by October 7th. Sophomores will be automatically registered for the January test, but may indicate a preference for October testing at the time of registration. Sophomores will be added to October testing depending on space availability and will be notified by email beforehand.
- All test dates occur on a “B” day. As a result, transportation for Group “A” students must be provided by the parent/guardian to and from the high school. The dates of the tests are set by College Board and cannot be adjusted.
- Registration will close once capacity for each test date has been reached. There will be no exceptions.
- Students may not take the PSAT/NMSQT more than once per school year. Please do not register for more than one test!
- College Board does not offer an online testing option. However, Khan Academy offers free online practice tests that are available to all students.
- All registered students will be emailed their testing location closer to the test date.
- If you have any questions, please contact the UH Counseling Office.
WHS Counseling Office