I am proud to be working at Wilson High School as a Reading Specialist and English teacher! I am very passionate about helping students to take control of their own learning through a focus on independent reading.
I graduated from Penn State in 2005 with a degree in Spanish. From there, I pursued my teaching certification while simultaneously teaching Spanish at a local private school. I then earned my certifications to teach Spanish K-12, English 7-12, and ESL K-12. I worked for about 6.5 years in a cyber charter school, teaching and training teachers in online teaching skills. After earning my Master’s in Reading and Reading Specialist certification, I began my career at Wilson in 2015.
I use Twitter strictly for professional use, sharing relevant young adult literature and education-related posts. Follow me @heremireadz
- B.S., Spanish K-12 - Pennsylvania State University
- Post-bac, Teacher Certification - West Chester University
- Program certificate, ESL K-12 - Juniata College
- M.Ed., Reading K-12 - Kutztown University
- College Prep (CP) English 9
- CP Reading Strategies 9
Clubs & Organizations
- Student Assistance Program (SAP) Team Member
- reading- YA, realistic fiction, psychology
- spending time with my husband & young children