WEST MS ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE PROCEDURES
Please CLICK HERE for the drop-off and pick-up maps.
Due to the large volume of traffic in all of our schools at the beginning and end of each school day, we offer the following instructions for you to follow to ensure the safety of our student(s) and our staff overseeing them, and provide for a smooth flow of traffic during these times.
- If you drive your student to school, please leave early to ensure you are on time to allow your student to be in their homeroom by 7:55 AM.
- Students will be permitted to enter the school at 7:30 AM where they can get breakfast in the cafeteria or go directly to their homeroom.
- Traveling through our parking lot or traffic lane at excessive speeds is strictly prohibited.
- When preparing to drop off, pull up to the farthest location available as instructed by staff. Ensure you are at a complete stop before the student attempts to exit your vehicle. Have your student prepare themselves and their belongings in advance to depart your vehicle safely and efficiently.
- Please do not pass cars that may be stopped in front of you in the drop-off loops.
Parent Drop-Off Locations
- 6th and 7th Grade drop-off is at the main entrance. Parents should utilize the main loop in front of the building.
- 8th Grade drop-off is at the gymnasium/band room doors. Parents should utilize the lot directly to the right of the main entrance if they are facing the front of the building.
- There will be no parent drop-off at the rear of the building this year.
- For siblings of multiple grade levels, please use the drop-off location assigned to the older sibling.
Bus Drop-Off Location
- Buses will drop off at the back of the building at the cafeteria entrance.
- Students will be dismissed by grade starting at 2:38, and will depart the building using the front doors. Each grade’s dismissal time will be staggered slightly to help avoid congestion.
- Bus students will find their bus parked in a line directly in front of the school.
- Students who are being picked up by a parent/guardian should depart through the main entrance. Parents should utilize the gym/music area parking lot directly to the right of the main entrance when facing the front of the school to help prevent students from needing to cross the bus lane.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation to help ensure the safe arrival and departure of all our students. If you have any questions, please call the main office at (610) 670-0180 ext. 1310.