2023-2024 Annual short story and poetry contests sponsored by GFWC-PA Woman’s Club of Spring Township.
Short Story – Any Style – Any Subject – Maximum 2000 words
Poetry – Any Style – Any Subject – Limit of 8-50 lines
- One unpublished short story and/or poem per student
- All entries must be written entirely by the student
- Entries may be written either individually or as an assigned class project
- Grades K-3 – Neatly (double spaced, minimum margin of 1″ all around 8 1/2 x 11″ white paper, 1 side only
- Please place your name in the upper right-hand corner of EACH PAGE
- Please attach a cover sheet to each entry containing: Name – Address – Phone # – School – Teacher – Grade – Title
- Entries will not be returned. Please keep a copy
- Judging is based on originality, content, theme, grammar, spelling and punctuation
Judging will take place in January. Local recognition will take place in February. The winner will advance to the State Competition. State Awards will be presented in May. First place winners will receive a monetary prize and certificate. Second and Third place winners receive certificates.
DEADLINE is December 13, 2023. Please drop off entries in the school office. Good Luck!