Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students)
Attention all fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers, and father figures…
Welcome to our WATCH D.O.G.S. program! This a nationally recognized program that began in 1998. The program focuses on safety and education in schools by using the positive influence of fathers and father figures.
- To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
What will Watch D.O.G.S. do at Shiloh Hills?
Watch D.O.G.S. can volunteer at least one day during the school year. Your morning will begin in the office where you will be given your schedule of activities for that day. The activities that you do will help support many different students and the overall learning environment of our school. Examples of activities could include:
- assist kindergarten students during Action Based Learning
- listen to a student read to you or you may read to them
- practice flash cards with a student
- participate in learning centers
- assist your child’s teacher and other teachers in the school
- participate in your child’s special with them
Built into your schedule will be the chance for you to have recess and lunch in the cafeteria with your child or children. We will provide a school lunch for you. Remember to wear your sneakers for recess!
Reminder – All volunteers must have a Child Abuse Clearance and a Criminal Record Check.
Anyone interested in participating in WATCH D.O.G.S. program should start the clearance paperwork as soon as possible. Clearances can be obtained online and are free for volunteers.
How do I sign up for the program?
To sign up for Watch D.O.G.S. – here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: Sign Up for Watchdogs
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
- Sign up! Choose your spot. The website will send you an automated confirmation and reminders
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
For more information on the Watch D.O.G.S. program, please go to www.fathers.com/watchdogs. If you have any additional questions, please contact Amy Sekulski at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 610-670-0180, ext. 4445.