Protect Your Health
- Prevent the spread of germs. The flu virus is spread from person to person when an infected person coughs, sneezes or touches things that others use. Do these simple, effective things to help protect yourself and others:
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. It is best not to use your hand. Cough into your sleeve or cover your mouth and nose with a tissue.
- Wash your hands. The best way to protect yourself from viruses is to wash your hands often. Soap and water are best, but when they are not available, use alcohol-based hand gel or disposable wipes.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth. The flu virus is often spread when a person touches something that has the virus on it and then touches his or her eyes, nose or mouth.
- Stay home when you’re sick or have flu symptoms. Drink extra water, get plenty of rest and check with a health care provider as needed.
Swine Flu and You
Questions and Answers: Swine Flu and You: