Welcome to the Shiloh Hills Nurse’s Office!
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday:
- Katie Pross
- Ginger Motley
Health Room Hours (Daily): 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
When Do You Need A Doctor’s Excuse?
A doctor’s excuse must be provided for the following communicable diseases: measles, whooping cough, strep infections, scarlet fever, mumps, impetigo, conjunctivitis, ring worm of the scalp, scabies, mononucleosis. A doctor’s excuse should also be presented if your child is absent for 3 or more consecutive days.
A note from the doctor is also required in order to be excused from gym due to illness, injury, or surgery.
When Should A Child Stay Home?
- Fever – 100 degrees or higher (should be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school)
- Persistent cough or headache
- Discharge or Redness of eyes
- Unidentifiable Rash
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
Here are 10 good tips to start for the new school year:
- Eat a good breakfast everyday before school.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Get plenty of rest before the school day. Everyone should get 8-10 hours of sleep.
- Good hand washing.
- Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing. Use your sleeve or tissue. Do not use your hands.
- Get plenty of exercise after school.
- Bring nutritious snack to school.
- Never share snack with others
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Wear sneakers.