Welcome to the Operations Departments main page.
- There are 50 full-time and 1 part-time custodial employees who provide housekeeping services to over 5,800 students and approximately 800 employees. There are 1,279,931 square feet of occupied building space made up of 5 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 1 senior high school and 4 support buildings.
- There are 5 maintenance employees who repair, paint, and perform maintenance services to 14 heating systems totaling 100,000,000 BTU's, air conditioning systems with a cooling capacity of 2,000 tons. Heat and air conditioning provided through approximately 150,000 linear feet of pipe containing approximately 200,000 gallons of water, 8,000,000-kilowatt hours of electricity used annually-enough to provide electric to 1,000 homes.
- We house the Central Stores/Receiving Department which employs 2 full time persons to receive and deliver mail and packages to all the district buildings.
- We also house the Central Duplicating Department which employs one full time person that services the entire district's needs for high volume printing.
- Over 2,000 doors and locks, kitchen equipment, hot and cold water systems.
- 7 grounds crew employees maintain 253 acres of lawns, trees and shrubs. Within this acreage the district has:
- 18 ball diamonds
- 12 Multipurpose Fields (Soccer, Field Hockey, Lacrosse)
- 9 football fields
- 1 band field
- 2 Multi-Sport/Activity Fields
- The grounds crew prepares fields for approximately 700 sporting events per year.
- 260,000 square feet of Bituminous Play area
- 850,000 square feet of Bituminous Parking and Driveways
- 30,000 square feet of sidewalk
- Our custodial staff is lead by the custodial supervisor, Mr. Richard D. Koller, email@example.com.
- The Green Valley Elementary School at 270 Green Valley Road, is a Green/High Performance Building.
- During the 2005-06 School Year the Whitfield Elementary School underwent renovations and additions.
- During the 2006-07 School Year the Cornwall Terrace Elementary School underwent renovations and additions.
- A new Operations Center opened August 3, 2009, at 4 Cloister Court, Sinking Spring.
- The Wilson West Middle School next to the Green Valley Elementary School opened for the 2010-2011 school year.
- New Turf Fields saw their first completion in the Fall of 2013.
- 4 Classroom Additions were added onto Green Valley, Shiloh Hills and Spring Ridge Elementary Schools for the start of the 2013-14 School Year.
- The Roy G. Snyder Natatorium renovations were completed in July 2014.
- We have 24 hour coverage throughout the district. This includes third shift custodians and security. In light of the fact that we have had over 7,500 different activities scheduled in our facilities, we also have Saturday and Sunday security coverage.
Correspondence can be directed to:Kyle Zeiber
Director of Plant ManagementOffice Phone 610-670-0180 Ext 1240