Our Varsity Football season will be starting on Friday, August 26 as Wilson takes on the visiting Roman Catholic Cahillites. As Friday night events typically draw a large crowd, we would like to remind you of some expectations during our home games this year. These expectations were developed to enhance safety and security at our sporting events as this is a top priority for our district.
- No backpacks are permitted at any Wilson home sporting events. Anyone arriving with a backpack will not be admitted to the event and will need to store their belongings elsewhere.
- There will be no “pass through” behind the home bleachers. Traditionally, the gates have been open behind the home bleachers and guests can walk behind the bleachers to the other side. We are closing off a section in the back closer to Bulldog Field to ensure that the visiting team and other key personnel have a specific location to park and have access to locker rooms. Both of the access points to/from the backside of the home bleachers will still be available, but there will be no straight walkthrough from one side to the other.
- No football games during the football game! We appreciate that, oftentimes, players on younger teams want to play football at Friday night games. Over the years, we have seen a large number of incidents and injuries occur because of this, and we will not be permitting this; nor will the area next to the scoreboard be open for any guests to utilize. We thank you for your cooperation and encourage you to come watch the Varsity game.
- We have a dedicated student section for ALL students! Traditionally dedicated for high school students, the Dawg Pound will be expanding and we will be putting signs on the far side of the home bleachers for both our high school students and our younger Wilson students. Bottom line, we want our students at games, and we want them to be in the stands, generating a lot of noise and excitement for our teams.
- During home football games, tickets will be sold until the conclusion of the game. This means that attendees arriving after halftime will still be charged an admission fee.
- There will be no re-entry permitted during our home football games. This means if any attendees leave the stadium they will be charged an admission fee to re-enter.
We can’t wait to cheer on ALL our Bulldogs this season!