The Wilson Student Assistance Program


    Wilson's Program:


    Wilson's Student Assistance Program is a program designed to remove barriers to students' learning and success in and outside of school!  The program assists students who may be dealing with mental health issues, drug and alcohol problems, family issues, low self esteem, academic concerns, disciplinary problems, and many other obstacles students face. We offer support in school through various avenues, and work with the student and their family to assist in finding solutions to problems that exist for the student.   Wilson's Student Assistance Program offers a free, confidential, comprehensive assessment through Caron Counseling to parents who may be concerned about their child.  We also offer referral services to parents and students who are struggling with issues that require more than the school can provide. We are also contracted with Concern Counseling, who provides out-patient counseling services to students during the school day.  

    Referrals to the Student Assistance Program:

    Students can be referred to the Student Assistance Program by anyone, and the referral is confidential.  Students are referred by parents, teachers, administrators, other students, and themselves.  They are referred due to reasons including a drop in grades, change in appearance, loss of interest in activities, disciplinary issues, talk of drug and alcohol use, depressed mood, uncontrolled anger, and other concerns that someone may have about a student.  Referrals to the the Student Assistance Program are confidential, which means that a student will not find out who referred them to the program.  Our Student Assistance teams also respect the confidentiality of the program, and do not discuss anything related to the program to faculty members not on the team. 

    What Happens Next:

    Several things can happen after a student is referred to the Student Assistance Program.  The Student Assistance Coordinator or Guidance Counselor may talk to the student, to see if that student is struggling with any issues.  The team may decide to send out behavior observation forms to the student's teachers to see if they are noticing any concerns with the student.  Parents of the student may be contacted to obtain their feedback, and to also offer an assessment of the student or other resources.  If an issue is identified, the team will problem solve with the student's parents on what would be the best course of action to assist the student. 

    How Can I Refer a Student to the Student Assistance Program?

    Referrals can be made to the Student Assistance Program several ways.  You can contact the Student Assistance Program Coordinator, Mrs. Zawilla, either by by calling her at 610-670-0180, x3954, e-mailing her, or stopping into her office at the high school to see her.  You can also fill out the form on-line, which you can find on the right hand side of the High School main page under SAP referral form.  You can also talk to a Guidance Counselor, Administrator, faculty member or any member of the Student Assistance Program team.  Students can also fill out a referral form on line or by paper and give it to a teacher, the office, their guidance counselor or Mrs. Zawilla. 


    The following links contain specific information related to the categories:
Last Modified on August 28, 2017