As we begin a new year, it has become apparent that COVID-19 is still with us. As has been the case throughout the pandemic, we are committed to working together with our community and our medical professionals to keep our students and staff safe, while giving us the best opportunity to provide in-person education for our students.
To follow is an overview of information that we want to share with all of you:
- We are seeing a significant increase in the number of positive COVID cases among our students and staff. This increase is currently negatively affecting our transportation department as well. To allow us to be able to provide transportation for our students, we may need to double some of our bus runs. Therefore, students may notice a change in their pick-up/ return times over the next few weeks. Any temporary changes will be communicated, utilizing our StopFinder App, directly from our transportation department to the families who will be impacted. This could mean that your student may need to be picked up earlier, be late to school and/or arrive home at a later time. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to provide the best transportation service possible.
- Please also be aware that if the cases begin to affect our ability to staff our classrooms, there may be a need to move temporarily to short-term virtual learning. This is not something we want to do, but our community needs to be prepared in the event that we are forced into this scenario. Any building level or district wide closing due to staff shortages will be shared through our district communication channels, and we will attempt to give as much notice as possible.
- The CDC has recently updated their quarantine/ isolation guidelines for positive/ exposed cases of COVID-19, and those guidelines have been adopted by the PA Department of Health. We have developed a visual representation of those new guidelines for your reference. We will begin following these new guidelines immediately.
- The Wilson School District offers onsite rapid testing for our students. The testing is for either symptomatic students or those who have a known exposure to COVID-19. The testing site is located at our Operations Building (4 Cloister Court, Sinking Spring, 19608) and is open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8 am- 2:30 pm. Although there is no need to schedule an appointment, families choosing this testing must contact PubSEG, our third party contact tracers, or their building nurse to obtain the electronic permission form (click here for contact information).
- Finally, we are working with Esterbrook Pharmacy to hold a vaccine booster clinic for students and staff on Thursday, January 13 in the Lower House Cafeteria. Please watch for a separate email in the next few days with the sign-up links for that clinic.
Thank you again for your ongoing support of the Wilson School District during this challenging time.