WHAT IS WATCH D.O.G.S.?
WATCH D.O.G.S. is one of the nation’s largest and most respected school-based, family, and community engagement, organizations in the country. Since the program’s creation in 1998, more than 6,450 schools across the country have launched a WATCH D.O.G.S. program of their own. Each school year hundreds of thousands of fathers and father-figures make a positive impact on millions of children by volunteering millions of hours in their local schools through this amazing one-of-a-kind program. Who are WATCH D.O.G.S.? Fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father figures who volunteer to serve at least one day a year in a variety of school activities as assigned by the school principal or other administrator. And, we need YOU!
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO PARTICIPATE?
- You need to sign up for an available day/slot on Sign Up Genius. Click Here to navigate to Sign Up Genius.
- Note: Please sign up a couple of weeks in advance to give the Program Coordinator sufficient time to create a schedule.
- You need to submit 3 (or 4) completed background checks – Clearances – to the office prior to your date. Clearances 5 years or more in age are not in good order and need to be updated.
- If you are selecting a date withing the next 2 weeks, you will also need to send an email to Mrs. VanOstenbridge at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm. Sign up Genius has not been sending immediate notifications.
Clearances everyone is required to submit to the office:
- Act 34 – Pa Access to Criminal Background Check (PATCH)
- Act 151- Pa Child Abuse Background Check
- Volunteer Acknowledgement Form for WSD Volunteer Policy
For folks who have not lived in PA for the last consecutive 10 years, you are also required to complete:
- Act 114 – FBI Criminal Background Check (Fingerprinting)
- Service Code “1Kg6XN”