We invite all fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other Cornwall Terrace Elementary father figures to join us for the 2018-2019 WATCH D.O.G.S. kick-off meeting on Tuesday, October 1. We will meet in the CT Library from 6:00-7:30 pm, the same time as Bingo for Books.
What is WATCH D.O.G.S.?
WATCH D.O.G.S. is one of the nation’s largest and most respected school-based, family, and community engagement, organizations in the country. Since the program’s creation in 1998, more than 6,450 schools across the country have launched a WATCH D.O.G.S. program of their own. Each school year hundreds of thousands of fathers and father-figures make a positive impact on millions of children by volunteering millions of hours in their local schools through this amazing one-of-a-kind program. Who are WATCH D.O.G.S.? Fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father figures who volunteer to serve at least one day a year in a variety of school activities as assigned by the school principal or other administrator.
Is there anything I should bring with me for the meeting?
If you do not have current clearances on file with the CT Office, it would be helpful to have the following information handy to submit clearances:
- Addresses where you have previously lived.
- Names of ALL individuals with whom you have lived to include parents, guardians, siblings, spouses, etc.
- Any previous names you have used or have been known by.
- Applicants that do no meet the volunteer application criteria or who have already received a volunteer certification free of charge within the previous 57 months will need to provide either credit/debit card information for a $13.00 application fee.
- Your personal email username and password.
Links to Background Checks/Clearances:
- Act 34 – PA Access to Criminal Background Check (PATCH)
- Act 151 – PA Child Abuse Background Check
- Wilson School Board Volunteer Policy #916
- Act 114 – FBI Criminal Background Check (Fingerprinting)
- Service Code “1Kg6XN“
Schedule a Date or Questions:
To schedule a date, please complete the CT WatchDOGS Duty Request (2019-2020) form.