Let’s keep your reading and writing skills strong by staying engaged in literacy!
Wilson and CT have many WONDERFUL reading resources available to access reading! Readers can use books or use online resources to complete their summer reading challenge. Choose the calendar option below that best fits your child. Follow the steps below! Return the completed and signed calendar to Dr. Yeiser when returning to school for a September Celebration!!
Option 1: Summer Reading K-2
- Copy the reading calendar provided for summer reading (June, July & August). Each day M-F there is a fun reading activity, writing activity or a read aloud to follow. Some of the stories are already linked into the calendar, but not all. Feel free to read books from home and not just those linked on the calendar. The reader must complete 3 or more activities each week and have a parent sign/initial the calendar day when the activity is completed.
- Click here for the color copy of K-2
- Click here for a printable copy of K-2
Option 2: Summer Reading and Writing Calendar: 3-5
- Copy the reading and writing calendar provided for the summer (June, July & August). Your child should be reading and/or writing for at least 20 minutes, 4-5 days a week. The more time spent reading and writing, the better!! Each time the child reads or writes for 20+ minutes, the child jots down the number of minutes on the calendar and obtains a parent’s signature/initials each day to show their participation. Your child can continue to strengthen their reading to writing connection using the suggestions on the reading and writing calendar. Your child may want to keep a log of the books they read on the back!
- Click here for the color copy of 3-5
- Click here for the black and white copy of 3-5