Please review the following suggestions with your child to best ensure for their safety and comfort:
- Remember to have your child wear sneakers or bring sneakers to school on the day they are scheduled to have Physical Education class. All Kindergarten students will have Brain Gym everyday therefore, they should wear their sneakers to school every day.
- Students should dress comfortably. We will be outside weather permitting, until the end of October/early November so students should bring warm clothing to class if necessary
- Jewelry that may interfere with the safety of a child or others is not to be worn in class. If students forget to leave their jewelry behind, I will have a safe place in my office for them to keep their valuables in until class is over.
- A written note from home will excuse a sick child from gym class. If a student is unable to participate for more than 2 consecutive days due to an injury, a medical excuse from his/her doctor is required.
Criteria for excuse from Physical Education classes are as follows:
- Students who are deemed to be ill/injured after being assessed by the school nurse will be sent home and will, therefore, be excused from participating in Physical Education classes that day.
- If a student is absent from school on his/her scheduled Physical Education class days, (2 days), a parental note explaining the missing sick days is required.
- If a student is absent from school due to illness or injury for more than three (3) days, a medical excuse from the doctor explaining the child’s illness/injury for not participating in Physical Education classes is required. In addition, the medical doctor’s release for the student to resume participation is mandatory.
- If a student is not allowed to participate in Physical Education classes on a regular basis, a physician’s note is required stating the specific condition(s) limiting participation, and the period of time that the student may not participate. The physician should, on that note, request that adaptive physical education be instituted.