Cornwall Terrace Elementary School Band
Playing an Instrument is FUN!!! All 4th and 5th grade students have the opportunity to join the band. Information for the 2017-18 school year will be available in September. Beginner Band Sign-ups will be in September for 2017-18.
Cornwall Terrace SPRING CONCERT is Thursday, MAY 4
- View / Print Concert Information and Permission Form
- Band Rehearsal – Wednesday, May 3 from 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. at the HS auditorium
- Report time for the Spring Concert on May 4 is 6:30 in the HS Band Room.
Musical Instrument Rentals
- French Horn
- Bautone Horn
- Snare Drum
Please click the link to see this year’s form. 2016 Band Rental Letter
Visit the convenient music store for supplies and questions about the rentals
Menchey Music Services
Shoppes at Wyomissing
762 Woodland Road
Practicing at Home
Follow these tips for practicing at home:
- Sit in a sturdy chair with tall posture and feet flat on the floor.
- Use a music stand to hold your book.
- Warm up with long tones and scale notes.
- Play each song assigned in your book several times. Try to make it sound better each time!!
- Remember to tap your foot to feel the beats.
- Check your goal sheet for approaching deadlines.
- Mark your practice times on your chart in your folder.
- Have fun!!!!!
Additional Band Information
Check out the links at the bottom of the page to learn more about the band instruments.
Band Lessons are on Days 2, 4, or 6
Make sure to check the lesson schedule outside the band room for your assigned time!
Lesson times will change each cycle!
BAND REHEARSAL is on Day 6
Remember to fill in your practice chart!! Challenge yourself to practice 5 days each week! Always give your BEST effort!!!
We will be learning how to use SMART MUSIC this year!!! Stay tuned for more information about this exciting computer program!!! Check out the website at http://www.smartmusic.com.
Links to fun activities for musicians:
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- Music Room: Learn about musical instruments, play games, etc.
- New York Philharmonic KidsZone
- Learn about musical instruments and composers too!!
- Music Theory Practice
- Find practice on note reading and theory skills
- Brass Fingering Practice
- Choose an instrument to practice fingering skills
- Note reading practice
- Click here to practice naming the notes on the staff