Welcome to the school counseling page of Cornwall Terrace Elementary! My name is Jeanette Lasher and I am the school counselor here at CT. I started here in August of 2018 but have been working with children in various roles for about 10 years. In the past I worked as a therapeutic staff support, behavioral support in an alternative school, paraprofessional to students with autism, school-based therapist, and now school counselor!
The role of a school counselor is so vast but some services I offer throughout the year include (but are not limited to):
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling (grief support, changing families, social skills, new student groups, etc.)
- SAP (Student Assistance Program): connecting families to outside resources as needed
- Connecting students to academic support as needed
- Classroom guidance lessons that focus on social and emotional learning
Please feel free to call, email me, or stop in with any questions or concerns!
- B.A., Applied Psychology - Pennsylvania State University
- M.Ed., Counselor Education - West Chester University