Physical Exams for Athletics
Exams provided by the Wilson School District Physician are $20 (cash or check/money order payable to Wilson School District) and are held in the High School Nurses Suite. Please enter at the last canopy, along Grandview Boulevard.
If you are unable to attend a school physical exam session, or if you cannot get an exam from your private physician, contact a local urgent care facility. They will do physical exams for school activities. Physical exams for the 2022-2023 school year must be dated June 1, 2022 or later.
2022-2023 Sports Physical Examinations – NEW PROCEDURE – sports physicals will be offered by appointment only for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year.
Below are the links for both high school sports and middle school sports. We will extend these hours, IF NEEDED, but not before all time slots have been filled. Students must bring sections 6 & 7 with them to the physical, as the doctor will complete section 7 & then return it to you, so you can upload it. For additional helpful hints – CLICK HERE.
Please remember that you always have the option of going to your personal physician or a local urgent care facility.
- Fall 2022 – sports physicals took place June 1 2022. Please see your family doctor or an urgent care facility for a physical.
- Winter 2022-2023 – sports physicals will take place on TBD.
- Spring 2022-2023 – sports physicals will take place on TBD.
ATHLETIC PHYSICAL INFORMATION:
All student-athletes attending PIAA schools are required to have a physical examination before participating in athletics. Since 2008, the PIAA has also required that student-athletes grades 7-12 must have their parent/guardian and their school physician or personal physician complete a form called the CIPPE (UPDATED 2/23/2022) (Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation) as the official record of the physical examination for athletic physical examinations.
A portion of the CIPPE form (Sections 8 & 9) are used for re-certification for additional sports in which the student-athlete wishes to participate and another section is reserved for those participating in wrestling.
The CIPPE form is the ONLY physical exam form acceptable for participation in athletics & MUST be completed online via Planet HS.
Students are required to obtain a physical exam for each school year, dated June 1 or after. The physical exam will remain valid through the end of the school year barring major injury or illness. (See below for major injury/illness information.)
There are nine applicable sections to the CIPPE (UPDATED 2/23/2022):
- Sections 1-6 must be completed by the parent/guardian and student ONLINE via Planet HS.
- Section 7 must be completed by a licensed physician (M.D. or D.O.) and then uploaded via Planet HS.
- Section 8 is used for re-certification for additional activities or following major injury/illness and completed ONLINE.
- Section 9 is used by a physician for re-certification following major injury/illness and uploaded via Planet HS.
All sections must be COMPLETED ONLINE and UPLOADED for final approval. Additional information available on the Planet HS tab on the left.
RE-CERTIFICATION for Students for Winter & Spring Seasons (w /NO major injury / illness)
Students who have participated in the fall season who wish to participate in the winter and/or spring seasons do not require a new physical exam. However, a student and the parent/guardian must complete a re-certification for each sport in which the student-athlete wishes to participate. Barring any major injury/illness since the physical exam, simply complete Sections 8 of the CIPPE form ONLINE via Planet HS.
RE-CERTIFICATION for Students for Winter & Spring Seasons (w/ major injury/illness)
In the event the student has suffered a major injury or illness since the last physical exam:
- Section 8 must be completed by the parent/guardian ONLINE via Planet HS and
- Section 9 must be completed by a licensed physician (M.D. or D.O.) and then uploaded via Planet HS.
Copies of the CIPPE form are NO LONGER available at the school district, as we will not be accepting papers versions. Everything must be done electronically.