The purpose of the Action Research mode of supervision is to allow the educator to work on the professional growth goal in the areas of research, special teaching projects or other approved areas of interest in an inquiry format.
An educator participating in the Action Research mode must develop and implement a plan according to the following criteria:
- The plan must focus on the development of a particular teaching skill in alignment with the Danielson Framework.
- Educators participating in this mode will be responsible for:
- Identifying an action research question and rationale
- Submitting proposal form to principal for approval
- Gathering research on the topic
- Completing reflection questions worksheet and entering them in PA-ETEP, completing before winter break and one before spring break.
- An end of year evaluation meeting will be held between educator and principal to discuss and evaluate the results of the teacher’s work.
Please Note: Educators participating in this mode may be observed on an informal basis by principal.