1. Revamp/expand Our Current Preschool Program
Research, plan and start to implement a design to revamp/expand our current
preschool offerings. Working with the BCIU and Pupil Services, we will examine
current practices and look for opportunities for growth in the pre-school sector. The
work will result in a short and long term proposal for changes to improve our
2. Ensure a Comprehensive, Consistent Curriculum
Ensure a comprehensive, consistent curriculum using the Understanding by Design
Framework. K-12 Social Studies and Family Consumer Sciences (FCS) are the
focus areas for the school year in addition to starting work with Elementary
Counselors. It is the expectation that these areas will have common assessments
and scope and sequence, while the art of teaching is still the choice and expertise of
the teacher. This will be monitored throughout, and finalized with the school board
approving the curricula.
1. Develop Relationships
Conduct activities to develop relationships with our coaches, athletic trainers, and
others within the Athletic Department. Not only should these activities be designed
to improve Supervisor –> Employee relations…but also, to enhance relationships
among peers within the Athletic Department.
2. Enhance Automation/Integration to Improve Processes
Evaluate numerous processes related to compliance (i.e. PIAA Eligibility Form,
Obligation Reports, etc.) and determine areas where, working with our technology
team, we can improve those processes, and efficiency, through the implementation
of technology (i.e. by automating/integrating the process).
1. Development of a Food Services Catering Program
Currently, food needs for District meetings comes from local businesses, at a cost
which may be higher than what the food services department can provide; therefore,
we have set the following goal and related steps to the development of a quality
● Hire an Operations Manager to develop and grow the Catering Program
● Develop a general overview catering brochure for distribution to Directors,
Department Chairs, Principals
● Establish procedures with accounting department to accurately event schedule,
billings and cost back-up, payments and unpaid invoices
● Photograph offerings for visual marketing; add photos to Catering segment of the
Food Services website- work with Public Relations & IT.
● Develop banquet brochure for distribution to Directors, Booster Clubs, Coaches,
Department Chairs, Principals.
● Create a method to obtain feedback to assess services. Feedback form mailed
with the ‘Thank you for using our services” card. Provide summary reports to
FSD and CFO.
● Identify catering supply needs and establish budget for the catering segment of
the Food Services Department.
● Establish procedures for assessing costs for events, ensuring revenues exceed
costs, yielding a net gain for the department.
1. Expand Automation of Substitute Contacts
The District is currently utilizing an automated system for securing Substitute
Teachers. We would like to expand this concept to other areas where we currently
have employees physically calling substitutes – Special Education Paraprofessionals
and Trip Drivers.
2. Support Staff Classification/Compensation Update
Given the state of the current local and national economy, employers have found it
increasingly difficult to attract and retain qualified staff. Wilson has also been
affected by same. One area that Wilson may be able to improve our
recruiting/retention efforts is in the area of competitive wages. To this end, we have
engaged with PSBA to evaluate all Support Staff (and a few select Administrative)
job descriptions for analysis by PSBA for the purpose of evaluation all of our
positions for internal equity and external market/compensation assessment.
1. Review and Update Annual Communications Plan
Areas of concentration include:
● Internal communication processes
● Development of District image video
● Increase video communication through District communications channels
● Further develop relationship with local media
● Increase Superintendent availability at buildings by implementing regular “meet
and greet” times
● Enhance Crisis Communications Plan by further defining the reunification
2. Develop and Implement a State of the District Event
The purpose of this annual event will be to provide the Wilson community with
important information on key topics of interest to District stakeholders, such as
District vision/values, goals, facility updates, future planning topics and updates
regarding areas of concern. The event will include the development of a Powerpoint
that can be shared as a summary for individuals unable to attend.
1. School Safety
The Wilson School District has committed to creating a safe environment for our
staff and students. Currently, many state and federal initiatives regarding school
safety are impacting school districts. We will continue to enhance our local All
Hazards Plan. This year, a focus of our plan enhancement will be reunification.
Further, we will lead initiatives to ensure Wilson’s compliance with federal, state, and
local mandates. Working with various teams, we will try to minimize disruptions to
the educational processes and staff members.
2. Update all Board Policies
The facilitation of a committee to examine all of the school district policies was
created in the Spring of 2018. We will continue to facilitate the redesign, repeal,
and additions to the board policies. Working with school board members, other
administrators and the legal department, the policies will all be updated to reflect
updated legal language and the current views of the school board.
1. Technology Department Personnel Realignment Completion
One of our 2017-2018 Goals was planning the design, phase-in and implementation
of a new Wilson Technology Department employee structure. The process of
achieving this goal will continue to completion by June 2019, by refining the process
and then communicating the expectations to affected personnel when appropriate.
At that time, focus will be to guide the staff in their preparation and understanding of
their new responsibilities in order to facilitate successful transition into their changing
2. Refinement of Wilson SD cyber security awareness and training, including
development of email policy with focus on security.
Research and prepare a focused Wilson School District cyber security awareness
and training plan that includes an updated email policy, using research of best
industry practices in order to create and implement an updated safety-focused
policy, resulting in the highest possible level of employee and district cyber safety.
1. Develop a five year Capital Projects plan inclusive of identified needs as a
result of the feasibility study and assessment of facility needs.
2. Empower our employees in the operations department and train them to
expand their potential self esteem.
3. Devise a comprehensive plan to evaluate, budget, and improve buildings back
to WILSON standards
1. Development of processes
● Involving appropriate and responsible routing of students to ensure compliance
with ride times, efficiency, and fiscal responsibility
● Utilizing Routefinder Pro for full service use
● Record keeping and processing for state reporting including subsidy, and all
other pertinent transportation mandates by PDE
● Compliance with district, state, and federal rules/procedures/laws including drug
● For internal operations including all staff responsibilities handled each day
including routing, driver scheduling, trip scheduling, resource scheduling
● Student and fuel billing tracked and billed appropriately and timely
2. Development, tracking and concise recordkeeping for all hazardous routes
Development, tracking, and concise record keeping for all hazardous routes that
currently exist in addition to researching and completion of identifying and
certification of newly developed hazardous routes.