The philosophy of the Berkshire Heights Early Learning Center is rooted in a developmental point of view. Our activities based program recognizes that children have varying abilities and learning styles. Our classrooms are designed to allow the child to develop at their own rate.
Our curriculum follows the Pennsylvania learning standards for early childhood. These standards, developed by the Department of Human, and the Department of Public Welfare ensure your child receives the highest quality of early childhood education.
Berkshire Heights Early Learning Center is a Department of Human Services licensed Child Care provider. The license confirms compliance with health and safety regulations among which include: staff/child ratio; the size of age-appropriate groups; continuous supervision by qualified staff; the size of indoor/outdoor space; individual center capacity; current medical information for children and staff, etc.
We provide a professional faculty committed to the development needs of each child. Our focus is to create daily activities that include fine and gross motor development, language arts, math, science, and social development concentrating on Kindergarten preparedness. The children are grouped by developmental needs and ages. Newsletters and calendars are provided to parents by the teachers throughout the school year.
This program is Parent Fee Funded. Operational costs, as well as all other associated costs, will be paid for from the revenue generated from the weekly fees.
Admissions, the provisions of services and referral of clients shall be made without regard to race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age or sex.
** The Berkshire Heights Early Learning Center has a limited amount of enrollments. A waiting list has been established, please email Claudia at Schcla@wilsonsd.org to be placed on the waitlist. The waitlist will expire at the end of the 19-20 school year.
Open House Dates:
Thursday, February 20, 2020, 6 pm – 7 pm
Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 6 pm – 7 pm
Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 6 pm – 7 pm
Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 6 pm – 7 pm
Berkshire Heights Early Learning Center
711 North Wyomissing Boulevard
Wyomissing PA 19610
Please check back on 2/20/20 for updated information regarding enrollment dates for the 2020-2021 school year.
Additional Program Information:
- A snack will be provided in the morning and afternoon
- Rest time will be provided
- Transportation will not be provided – parent pick-up and drop-off
- Toilet training is required prior to entrance in the program
Berkshire Heights will be CLOSED and services will NOT be provided on the following days during the 2019/2020 school year. Tuition is not charged for days the school is closed.
- Labor Day: Monday, September 2, 2019
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 28, 2019
- Black Friday: Friday, November 23, 2019
- Christmas Eve: Tuesday, December 24, 2019
- Christmas Day: Wednesday, December 25, 2019
- New Year’s Eve: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- New Year’s Day: Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Good Friday: Friday, April 10, 2020
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 25, 2020
Should you have any further questions or would like to schedule a tour, please contact:
- Claudia Schadler-Duong
- Enrollment and Financial Specialist, ext 4823, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sue Wails
- Preschool Lead Supervisor, ext 1361, email@example.com