The preschool program is a public program (you do not have to be a Wilson resident) and is open to all children ages 3 through 5 years old. Care is available for working and non-working parents. Children must be toilet-trained before entering the program.
The Berkshire Heights Early Learning Center was developed using the Pre-Kindergarten Pennsylvania Learning Standards for Early Childhood. These standards are issued jointly by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and Department of Human Services.
Berkshire Heights Early Learning Center is a Department of Human Services licensed Child Care provider. The license confirms compliance with health and safety regulations among which include: staff/child ratio; size of age-appropriate groups; continuous supervision by qualified staff; size of indoor/outdoor space; individual center capacity; current medical information for children and staff, etc.
We provide a professional faculty committed to the development needs of each child. Our focus is to create daily activities that include fine and gross motor development, language arts, math, science, and social development concentrating on Kindergarten preparedness. The children are grouped by developmental needs and ages. Newsletters and calendars are provided to parents by the teachers throughout the school year.
This program is Parent Fee Funded. Operational costs as well as all other associated costs will be paid for from the revenue generated from the weekly fees.
Admissions, the provisions of services and referral of clients shall be made without regard to race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age or sex.
Preschool Open House Dates:
- Wednesday May 22, 2019 from 6:00pm-7:00pm
Berkshire Heights Early Learning Center
711 North Wyomissing Boulevard
Wyomissing PA 19610
Our 2019-2020 program will run from 8/26/2019 through TBD (subject to change).
A 10% Discount is available for all Wilson School District Employees, Wilson Alumni, and anyone Residing in the Wilson School District.
Preschool Enrollment for the 2019-2020 School Year is OPEN for all children. A waiting list will be available if the program reaches its limit
Should you wish to enroll in our 2019-2020 preschool program at Berkshire Heights, please call 610-670-0180, ext 4823. Listed at the bottom of this page are the required documents for enrollment in our preschool program.
The Weekly Rates for the 2018-2019 & 2019-2020 Preschool Program are as follows:
Full Day Program (6:30am-6:00pm)
|w/10% Discount||w/o Discount|
Half Day Program (8:30am-12:30pm)
|w/10% Discount||w/o Discount|
Discount shown above pertains to 10% Discount for Wilson Employee, Alumni, and Residents
Three day per week minimum contract is required
Varying day schedule (where days of week change each week) is not offered
Financial assistance is available for eligible parents through Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC). Information regarding financial eligibility may be obtained by calling the ELRC office at 484-651-8000.
Additional Program Information:
- A snack will be provided in the morning and afternoon
- Naptime will be provided
- Transportation will not be provided – parent pick-up and drop-off
Berkshire Heights will be CLOSED and services will NOT be provided on the following days during the 2019/2020 school year and you will NOT be required to pay for these closed days.
- Labor Day: Monday, September 2, 2019
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Black Friday: Friday, November 22, 2019
- Christmas Eve: Tuesday, December 24, 2019
- Christmas Day: Wednesday, December 25, 2019
- New Year’s Eve: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- New Year’s Day: Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Good Friday: Friday, April 10, 2020
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 25, 2020
The following 2019-2020 forms are required to be completed and returned for enrollment in the Berkshire Heights Early Learning Center:
- For a Non Subsidized Enrollment Contract for Berkshire Heights Early Learning Center, please CLICK HERE
- For a Subsidized Enrollment Contract for Berkshire Heights Early Learning Center, please CLICK HERE
- For the Emergency Contact Form for Berkshire Heights, please CLICK HERE
- For the Early Learning Agreement Form for Berkshire Heights, please CLICK HERE
- For the Berkshire Heights Parent Guidelines Handbook, please CLICK HERE
- For a copy of the Child Health Report Form, please CLICK HERE
Should you have any questions, please feel free to call the contacts below at 610-670-0180 or by email:
- Claudia Schadler-Duong
- Administrative Assistant, ext 4823, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sue Wails
- Preschool Lead Supervisor, ext 1361, email@example.com