The purpose of the Peer Collaboration mode of supervision is to assist educators in the enhancement of their instructional skills by providing opportunities to collaborate with other educators in the district. Educators participating in this mode of supervision will be notified by their principal or supervisor.
An educator participating in the Peer Collaboration mode must develop and implement a plan according to the following criteria:
- The plan must focus on the development of a particular teaching skill in alignment with the identified power components listed below. WSD Power Components
- 1c: Setting instructional outcomes.
- 1e: Designing coherent instruction.
- 1f: Designing student assessments.
- 2b: Establishing a culture for learning.
- 3b: Using questioning and discussion techniques.
- 3c: Engaging students in learning.
- 3d: Using assessment in instruction.
- 4d: Participating in a professional community.
- Educators participating in this mode will be responsible for:
- meeting with a peer collaboration group 3 times (September-November/December-February/ March-May)
- reflecting on their own classroom observations.
- reflecting on the feedback of group members in PAETEP 3 times.
- providing meaningful feedback to others in the group.
- An end of year evaluation meeting will be held between educator and principal/supervisor to discuss and evaluate the results.
Please Note: Educators participating in this mode may be observed on an informal basis by principal or supervisor.