The purpose of the Action Research mode of supervision is to allow the educator to work on the professional growth goal in the areas of research, special teaching projects or other approved areas of interest in an inquiry format. Educators participating in this mode of supervision will be notified by their principal or supervisor.
An educator participating in the Action Research mode must develop and implement a plan according to the following criteria:
- The plan must focus on the development of a particular teaching skill in alignment with the identified power components linked here: Wilson Power Components
- Educators participating in this mode will be responsible for:
- identifying an action research question and rationale
- submitting proposal form to principal for approval by October 7, 2019
- gathering research on the topic
- completing reflection questions in January 10, 2020 and March 20, 2020 and entering them in PA-ETEP
- presenting to colleagues using the presentation template … TBD by building leadership
- An end of year evaluation meeting will be held between educator and principal to discuss and evaluate the results using the Action Research Rubric… TBD by building leadership
Please Note: Educators participating in this mode may be observed on an informal basis by principal.