Click here for an overview presentation of the Elementary Progress Report.
For the 2018-2019 school year, we will continue to use the practice of standards-based grading to report to parents students’ academic progress. Our Kindergarten through Grade 5 report cards present information on how students are progressing in the areas of Math, English Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and Academic Behaviors according to the standards established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Some of the highlights you will find in our standards-based report card include:
- Standards that are aligned by grade level to the PA Core Standards.
- A reporting scale of 4, 3, 2, and 1, which is better described in the academic performance key on the report card.
- A representation of the academic standards that guide our curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Academic Behaviors that represents critical development areas for a well-rounded student.
- A detailed narrative of the curriculum for each subject.
- Personalized comments from the teacher on students performance.
To learn more about standards-based grading and how the Wilson School District is making improvements in our practice, please visit the resource links found on this page. You will find a number of helpful resources that include but are not limited to the Common Core Standards, literature explaining the practice of standards-based grading, examples of each grade level’s report card, and a Frequently Asked Question page. We will continue to develop the resources found on this page to provide updated information on the progress of our work.
We believe these changes are necessary to be aligned with the adoption of the PA Core Standards. We welcome any feedback you have for us through the year so we may continually work to make improvements in our practice.